small tutorial- spriting

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hehe me remembers this forum when everything was filled with loads of sprites wich where done by some veterans here. Nway i would like to see people get interested into it again.

Just type what tutorial you need and ill do one... this one was requested, pretty basic:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sprite Wizard is needed to compile .spr files

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, you can use paint to create sprites, but those will come out pretty crappy. I can see from the layout that he used Photoshop to create that sprite, probably one of the best (and most expensive) program out there to create sprites, other programs are Jasc Paintshop Pro, and I think you can also use the Gimp (Free photoshop-like brother, just google it).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got arcsoft phtostudio 5, is that the one? Well if so than I might make a few sprites, that would rock! Then I can use them for my maps, like uhh...I'll think f something. Ohand since this is a tut. thread, can someone please give us a tutorial on the basics, like for eople that are like me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well, any basic photo/image editing program is usable for sprite creating, as long as you have the basic tools such as a pentool or something. However, Photoshop has filters and a really good brushing engine to create sprites, I don't know about photostudio.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Any program that can save images as .bmp files will do (8 Bit/256 Colors)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, okay, I might start, but how do people get the pics to blend in like that, do they use a program that automatically does it? Because I tried and it takes too long, lol, I probably am not supposed to do it like that though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom