Small Progress Report?

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm sitting here watching the "ESF Final: Melee" video, wondering how close to completion some of this stuff really is. The past few threads have not really been about the development of ESF, cept if you count the rampaging "nipples" thread...

If you had to say in percentages, how close would ESF be done? (I think we had a thread on this in the middle of last year)

If I were to take a guess, since if you even thinking about doing a 2-phase launch even even though the poll does not end till the 24th, I'd have to say the main gameplay system would be around 80-90% complete. Maps would probably be around the same, but since there is a lot to do on the modelling and animation side of things... I'd say 50-70 currently. (Another reason why going 2 phase is a great idea.)

Am I close?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ever read anything on this forum, you'd know that they have no real idea exactly how done they are, and have no way of giving a fair estimate because of the vastly differing time aspects involved with different tasks.

Besides, if they say they're "half done", that gives absolutely no indication when they'll finish -- because their work bandwidth is restricted by real life, free time, and the amount of delicious snacks available to them at any given time.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Also the fact that none of them are even in the same city

They all work at different times, different speeds on different projects

Best answers
u still really think they gonna release it right?XD

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I think the devteam is keeping up appearances so they can get cookies from fans.

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ever read anything on this forum, you'd know that they have no real idea exactly how done they are, and have no way of giving a fair estimate because of the vastly differing time aspects involved with different tasks.

Besides, if they say they're "half done", that gives absolutely no indication when they'll finish -- because their work bandwidth is restricted by real life, free time, and the amount of delicious snacks available to them at any given time.
I just ran out of snacks... somebody help me

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I just ran out of snacks... somebody help me
This man is having a snack attack! Help him, for the love of all that is tasty!

Discord Member
Best answers
can anyone actually working on the game answer us?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry. We read the forum.

Its just that if you look at past threads with the same question you should notice a pattern.

We dont tell percentages.

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I do realize you don't give percentages, I was probably the one that made the last thread months back, does not mean you can't say how things are going.

I just wanted to get a discussion going on about the development of ESF, but people here seem to have other agendas...

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Our agenda is to let the team get on with it and feed us info when they want

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if you want a "how things are going", then how about this.

Current inteam version: 7740

Version we had last week: 7670

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
MickeyG is a beast!!!
He made us a whole bunch of sample music he is doing for ESF and DAMN they work so well and are so crisp. This is exactly the type of music ESF should have had from the beginning, Hats off to you MICKEYG!

One more thing, our gameplay is already completed and coded in, we just need to fill it all WITH the flashy stuff now, lol.
The cake is already out of the oven we just need to put that sweet sugar coating on top of it all :)

If your going to ask why dont we release it already, its because not all the art is done
maps
models
animations
fx

It'll be like playing with 2 character shooting invisible attacks and looking at each other in the face when you melee them because there is no melee animation made yet. Of course this is just to clarify our progress :)
BTW, from what grega has been saying about the laziness of the team, he's really just talking about himself, dont mind him :)
http://forum.esforces.com/threads/1...-amp-New-HUD?p=1941916&viewfull=1#post1941916

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now get me a Donut!

Discord Member
Best answers
Well if you want a "how things are going", then how about this.

Current inteam version: 7740

Version we had last week: 7670
that's quite big news! no?!? lol. you start at version 1? going at what increments?

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Starts at version 0 going 1 increment per update.

Any update, as long as its committed to the SVN server.

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not you personally it's just there are alot of when is the release date questioning in different forms. This is one way it is done.

If you're active enough the Dev's will pop in to a thread every now and then and give a gem like Z posted. Otherwise they generally don't post progress reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom