small problem with console

Best answers
So then I try to enter some command or cvar in conse after first symbol it closes and i can't enter any commands or cvars, can some1 help me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the same problem. Basically, it's caused by this: when you press the console button, it automatically adds the ` symbol (which is the same button you use for console), but like in normal text processing programs like Word, the symbol doesn't show immediately (so you can make letters like è, à, etc, by combining them with other letters). The only way around this, that I know of, is to open the console, then type a letter, then move the cursor to the left of the letter, and press Backspace. This will delete the invisible ` symbol, and will allow you to type normally for as long as the console is open.

There's undoubtedly a simpler solution, but I haven't bothered to look around yet. Probably something to do with the bind configurations or something.

Best answers
no my problem is other, i can't write more than one letter in console.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, the only thing i could tell you that it "might" be a keyboard problem.. Not your keyboard itself, but the language settings. Also screwed up with my console last time. But i'm not sure though.

Best answers
i think that my console might screwed but i reinstalled many many times and the problem is same.
ps. this problem is on all hl and it's mods.

Best answers
Try pressing the console button (so it opens) and e, then you can type to your heart's content. At least that's how it works for me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could try to set the console to open when you press F6

Thats how i have it. Open the file config.cfg in your ESF dir and look for the open console command(dont know the exact name but the button assigned to it is ¸)

Than just type F6 instead of the ¸ and it should work XD

Best answers
Thanks Grega now it works, but if I play longer than 1 min, than hl starts lag at every min it is some secounds long but it causes few deaths, so can some help me with this?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like a connection problemto me.

Are you in a network perhaps?

Best answers
i got this problem in game with bots, and in internet, and i'm not in lan or any network.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spyware perhaps?

From my experience the only thing that can lag a LAN game is either spyware. Or a game thats way to good for the computer its played on. But since it only lags evry couple of minutes i bet on a program in the background (addware, spyware) you choose.

Best answers
check your esf folder for massive screenshots,
if you find a lot of them its the screenshot bug from a while ago
i would reinstall esf then if you have the screenshot bug

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj2goku said:
Actualy that bug was fixed with 1.2.2 ^^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Spyware perhaps?

From my experience the only thing that can lag a LAN game is either spyware. Or a game thats way to good for the computer its played on. But since it only lags evry couple of minutes i bet on a program in the background (addware, spyware) you choose.
I have the same thing, but I don't have any spyware. Just a crappy PC. For some reason the computer likes to use a huge amount of CPU randomly when I'm playing in game. But things that might effect this is MSN, and other programs that you have open.

Best answers
ssj2goku said:
well i still got the bug on that one map (the huge forest) and i updated my esf, so i guessed it wasnt repaired yet ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ssj2goku said:
well i still got the bug on that one map (the huge forest) and i updated my esf, so i guessed it wasnt repaired yet ;)
Do remember that the huge forest map was removed for a reason >.>

It was to buggy so they removed it. If you install a patch it removes the map.
Why?
It was to buggy ^^

So basicly the map has that bug not ESF ^^

Best answers
no spyware, and my computer does not random 100% cpu using, and computer can have more than 60 fps but it hasn't... My comp spec:
gf6600gt agp, p4 1,8 ghz, 512mb ram.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I thought this only happened to me anyway you may remember installing a BY-language or Bi-lingual keyboard if you do get rid of it. If you dont remember look in the bottem right corner of your computer screen or your menu bar if it says ES right click that icon and get rid of it. and believe its not a problem with anything about your connection or game. PM me for more info if these thingds dont work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom