Small codec problem

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay so I went to watch a previous Bleach episode today. I opened it up in WMP like usual, but the problem is, it only plays the sound, not the video. So I was wondering what codec I need to download for it to play. The anime is .avi i know that. (and I'm sure most of you know that as well)

I hate downloading codecs I don't need, so I don't want to download some wierd patch. Thanks in advanced.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I know about mkv codec. I have that on my computer. I need the avi codec though, for the previous episodes :(

Best answers
Well, have you tried Vlc. Its a media player that can play alot of videos that cant be played in other media players. You can get the lastest verision at the VideoLan Site. This is a seperate player, so it might not be exactly what you are looking for, but its a good bet that it will play the video file you are tring to watch.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do people not listen to me? Am I not being clear enouigh? I NEED A CODEC THAT WILL PLAY AVI VIDEO FILES SO I CAN WATCH THE ACTUAL VIDEO INSTEAD OF JUST HEARING THE SOUNDS If you need the font to be bigger, it can be arranged.

I don't want a new media player, I don't want mkv codecs. I want a codec that will play AVI files. One day I can watch Bleach on WMP and the next I can't.

::EDIT::

A mod can close this, Zeo helped me with what I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom