Smackdown vs. Raw 2007

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG! I just picked up this months PSM, and SDvR2k7 was on the cover, and omgoose it looks good. New features seem like fun too:

*Crowd can hand you weapons
*You can grab and rip signs in the crowd
*Can throw people over the barrier and fight in the crowd for the first time since KYR
*Risk vs Reward: The more extreme your match is, the better off you'll be, though it's not explained fully in the magazine, they show Rey Mysterio doing an Asai Moonsault off the scaffolding into the pit area with Cena on a table.
*250 new parts and items for CAW
*New Grappling system using the right analog stick only instead of buttons . . . I'm not sure I like this one, but you can stall moves with the stick now. Spamming a vertical suplex for a minute? Sure, hold him up there and let the blood rush to his head!
*New interactions: Grapple near the steel stepcase allows you to go into head bang mode, where you use the right analog stick to smash their head repeatedly into the steps.

Discuss!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been awhile since I bought a wrestling game (try N64 days) but I may look into this one.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only wrestling game I've played was for PS1, I think. I didn't like it, because the characters didn't have a visible health bar, and you had to wail and wail and wail and each match took forever. It was interesting, very customizable though.

P.S.: Wrestling is fake. *duck*

Best answers
Wrestling is fake??? NO ****!

Im gonna definately going to get this one. Did it say a release date or something? And how are the graphics in this one, are they even better than SVR2K6?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Wrestling is fake??? NO ****!

Im gonna definately going to get this one. Did it say a release date or something? And how are the graphics in this one, are they even better than SVR2K6?
It's next-gen, so ya, the graphics are better.

Anyways, I haven't got a wrestling game since WCW Vs. NWO for the 64, and I have been meaning to get one sometime. I might pick this one up when it comes out.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.ign.com

IGN has had screens up for a couple of weeks now, as well as videos.

It looks pretty good, but the gameplay looks nearly identical to the old games. An article on IGN explains some new gameplay elements though, which sound really cool.

The game is also multiplatform: 360, PS3, PS2, and PSP.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a possibility on the PS3 Version, but not likley on the PSP or PS2 versions.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
It's a possibility on the PS3 Version, but not likley on the PSP or PS2 versions.
I could even see it viable on the PSP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe they are going to do it for BOTH PS2 and PS3. Jeeze.

Even with just the additions you mentioned, it is already an improvement. The wrestlers seemed to move a bit more naturally in the IGN vids, too.

By the way, Cuc, according to what I read at IGN, it's sort of implied that the analog stick grapple attacks will be in addition to the current mechanics.

I need to go make a big post on the IGN boards with my suggestions. Some of them really need to be said (like for god's sake, make the square button pull people down from the title in ladder matches, break up pins, etc. ... it's way too easy to do the wrong thing without those particular things having their own functions. They also need to bring back neutral mode--most of the people I play with don't like the momentum bonuses that come from the two 'face/heel' options).

KyoKusanagi

K
Opti - not unless they fix the ridiculous loading times.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Only wrestling game I've played was for PS1, I think. I didn't like it, because the characters didn't have a visible health bar, and you had to wail and wail and wail and each match took forever. It was interesting, very customizable though.

P.S.: Wrestling is fake. *duck*

if Wrestling is fake but people still hurt hurt paralized killed people complain just because it not the UFC where they lay on each other until broken apart

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is fake. Rent a DVD, go slow motion and watch the wrestlers "punch" each other.

Theres no doubt the injuries are present though.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
§lipKnot said:
if Wrestling is fake but people still hurt hurt paralized killed people complain just because it not the UFC where they lay on each other until broken apart
The fake comment was a joke, because people always say it in Wrestling threads. I put it in "spoiler text" for a reason. :p

Best answers
you hit some one bare handed over and over again lets see your knuckles and the fact that you probly ko the guy and the match is over in 20 seconds hrm i would really want to watch that

G
Wow, the effects look really good. Even sweat, I hope they still have bra & panties ;) The idea of right analog to do grapples sounds weird, but maybe it'll work. Sounds like they got the idea off Jet Li's game, but in that it was punching not grapling. I don't really see it working with grappling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well from what I understand, you grapple the same way you have been for the past few SDvR games, but there is some sort of unique grapples that incorporate the stick to modify the moves as they are being done. The only example I can think of is how in a cage match, you grapple someone's face against the fence, and then use the analog to grind it however you please against the steel. Hehe...

EDIT: Kidding or not, lay off the Wrestling is Fake crap. It causes arguments and aggravates people into flaming, and is best avoided in full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom