Smackdown! vs RAW 2006 (update)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't forget about Shawn Michaels' amazing performance...he actually made Hogan look like they had a great match.

Is Hogan going to be in the new game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, he's in. i don't know if he'd qualify as legend or on the raw roster though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They also apparently did something cool with the meters; I read on Gamepspoit that they only appear when your meter is near full or near empty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is the final roster! It totals to 50 superstars without legends! a great increase since last year!
Red= RAW
Blue= Smackdown
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="AutoNumber1" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="460"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="3" align="left" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" width="460">[align=center]Current Superstars
[/align]
</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Batista</td> <td align="left" width="200">The Hurricane</td> <td align="left" width="200">Rob Conway</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">The Big Show</td> <td align="left" width="200">J.B. Layfield</td> <td align="left" width="200">Rob Van Dam</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Booker T</td> <td align="left" width="200">John Cena</td> <td align="left" width="200">Scotty 2 Hotty</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Carlito</td> <td align="left" width="200">Joy Giovanni</td> <td align="left" width="200">Shawn Michaels</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Charlie Haas</td> <td align="left" width="200">Kane</td> <td align="left" width="200">Shelton Benjamin</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Chavo Guerrero</td> <td align="left" width="200">Khosrow Daivari</td> <td align="left" width="200">Snitsky</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Chris Benoit</td> <td align="left" width="200">Kurt Angle</td> <td align="left" width="200">Spike Dudley</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Chris Jericho</td> <td align="left" width="200">Lita</td> <td align="left" width="200">Stacy Keibler</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Chris Masters</td> <td align="left" width="200">Michelle McCool</td> <td align="left" width="200">Steven Richards</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Christian</td> <td align="left" width="200">Mark Jindrak</td> <td align="left" width="200">Sylvain Grenier</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Christy Hemme</td> <td align="left" width="200">Muhammad Hassan</td> <td align="left" width="200">Tajiri</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Danny Basham</td> <td align="left" width="200">Orlando Jordan</td> <td align="left" width="200">Torrie Wilson</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Doug Basham</td> <td align="left" width="200">Paul London</td> <td align="left" width="200">Triple H</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Eddie Guerrero</td> <td align="left" width="200">Randy Orton</td> <td align="left" width="200">Trish Stratus</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Edge</td> <td align="left" width="200">Rene Dupree</td> <td align="left" width="200">The Undertaker</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Eugene</td> <td align="left" width="200">Rey Mysterio</td> <td align="left" width="200">William Regal</td></tr> <tr><td align="left" width="200">Heindenreich</td> <td align="left" width="200">Ric Flair</td> <td align="left" width="200">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" align="left" bgcolor="#c0c0c0" width="460">[align=center]Legends
[/align]
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="3" align="left" width="460">[align=center]TBA...
[/align]
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

Arenas Confirmed
Smackdown!
RAW
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/638/638978/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2006-20050804014338028.jpgVelocity
HEAT
SummerSlam
Unforgiven
No Mercy
Survivor Series
Armageddon
Royal Rumble
No Way Out
WrestleMania 21
Backlash
Judgment Day
Vengeance
The Great American Bash
New Year's Revolution
ECW One Night Stand
Taboo Tuesday

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Bashams...Michelle McCool...Scotty 2 Hotty...Spike Dudley...it's full of god damn jobbers. Yeah it has fifty guys...but its got maybe 12-15 I'm going to use. 6 of them are divas. I guess I should be happy...any more divas then that and I'd be appalled.

I was under the impression that it was going to be 50 wrestlers, not 20 wrestlers and a bunch of fillers. :0\

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, it's not bad. I can't think of many people they missed, though I already see that we can kiss the tag team titles in season goodbye since MNM, the heart throbs, Animal, and Rosey are missing. I also see that we have no Matt Morgan. Is he gone again?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hold yah tongue Pickle-man ^^. Tag-Titles are confirmed for season, we'd probably face random opponnents though like Benoit teamed up with Christian or something. BTW, the Smackdown Countdown has began and two wrestlers have been done. Check my first post for updates on the countdown as I will update it everyday IGN does.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
darren drozdov > stone cold

i remember him being in one of these wrestling games, cant quite remember which one though, pity hes now paralyzed from the neck down >_>

i just hope the pretty graphics arent just there to hide the horrible gameplay, (like virtually every other wrestling game out there)
stone cold is fine he is just done the film "The Longest Yard"

Clicky to crew

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was talking about Darren Drozdov. Stone Cold suffered a broken neck as well, but he recovered with spinal fusion.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Rock will no doubt be under legends... I think he was in SvR... Not sure now, I have not played the game for so long =(.

Looking forward to this shiny new update!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rock was in legends in the last game. I'm hoping Hogan's in it, just for kicks. I can create a great Brock Lesnar, a great Stone Cold...but making an acccurate Hogan without 3D mustaches and "chest weirdness" is just impossible. lol

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Rock was in legends in the last game. I'm hoping Hogan's in it, just for kicks. I can create a great Brock Lesnar, a great Stone Cold...but making an acccurate Hogan without 3D mustaches and "chest weirdness" is just impossible. lol
Amen to that my brother, Amen!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[Sorry to revive a thread...I didn't think it was worth making a third one just because it fell off the front page of the forum]

Big news everyone!

We have the following features confirmed:
--Full Legends Roster revealed: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/656/656778p1.html (Including Three UNIQUE Hogan's, NWO/80's/Current, all with different movesets and entrances!)
--Classic Blue Bar Steel Cage matches are included!!
--Multiple Fan questions are answered in this article: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/656/656781p1.html -- the very first question confirms new ladder moves and discusses possible DUAL ladder moves; the second talks about, depending how badly you are busted open in a previous match, you may appear with a bandage in your next cutscene...and there is a new 'surprise mode' revolving around injuries that hasn't been revealed yet as well!!

Tons more info on IGN. Have a look.

Best answers
" sighs " So i guess there's still no playable Diva storylines..that sucks, it makes me feel like they obviously don't care enough about the people who would actually enjoy too play as their favorite female wrestlers in storymode. I guess im stuck once again using people like The Rock, HHH or RVD again most of the time. I hope they made some changes too the counter system though atleast, espically regarding the issue with back-counters, they were always entirely too easy to counter each and every time. Also hopefully the Casket and Buried Alive matches are two different matches, instead of the rumour that's going around that it's the same match.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm amazed anyone cares about Diva storylines. The divas all wrestle like garbage these days except for Victoria and Trish; Lita is too busy making out with Edge poorly and popping her very awesome rack out to do any wrestling; beyond that they are just pure eye candy.

They explain, in the Q&A I posted, about why there are no diva storylines. it has to do with the limit of what they can do, and they say basically that they'd have to cut into the 'real' wrestling to include the diva storylines, and they very correctly ascertained that most of the fanbase doesn't have much of an interest.

Pretty much all of the gameplay has been completely redesigned. This is going to be the most in depth and complete wrestling game ever built. Honestly, the three things you mentioned, even if I agreed with them, really pale in comparison to the massive overhaul they've given the game this year.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just think that the benefits FAR outweigh any possible shortcomings.

Best answers
I'm amazed anyone cares about Diva storylines. The divas all wrestle like garbage these days except for Victoria and Trish; Lita is too busy making out with Edge poorly and popping her very awesome rack out to do any wrestling; beyond that they are just pure eye candy.

They explain, in the Q&A I posted, about why there are no diva storylines. it has to do with the limit of what they can do, and they say basically that they'd have to cut into the 'real' wrestling to include the diva storylines, and they very correctly ascertained that most of the fanbase doesn't have much of an interest.

Pretty much all of the gameplay has been completely redesigned. This is going to be the most in depth and complete wrestling game ever built. Honestly, the three things you mentioned, even if I agreed with them, really pale in comparison to the massive overhaul they've given the game this year.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just think that the benefits FAR outweigh any possible shortcomings.
Well, it's good that the gameplay has been completely redesigned, im looking forward to those improvements. I guess that's about right, it does seem that the benefits outweighs the shortcomings by a large margin. And, i guess your right regarding the Divas as well, the Diva storylines aren't as good as they use too be, back around 1997/1998 when Sable, Jackie, Chyna and Terri were around, when they actually did wrestle alot more.

But Even if it's mostly eye candy now, i think it's still rather enjoyable, and even though most of the fanbase don't have much interest in them, there's still apart of the fanbase that does and it's not a non existent fan request either, i would hope they would atleast let you play with them in storymode, even if it's not taking a Diva's storyline route, hell i would love to win a championship title with Trish, just to break away from the usual male champion customs.

It just seems like they make smackdown games storylines way too linear sometimes, espically if you played RAW 2. Either way, i understand the limit issue, and as long as they have online, im happy, but hopefully they will include some Diva story elements in future titles though, assuming acourse that they will no longer be on PS2.

Best answers
Meh..i don't see how can enjoy playing with any divas soul, and if you planning on playing online, picking them would only get you ass handed too you. But time for something worth talking about, The smackdown vs raw 2006 review is here. And all i can say is.................... :D :yes:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/664/664472p4.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom