Smackdown Vs. Raw 07 has arrived...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the like three of us who give a crap, Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 has arrived!

I'll give a hands on impression later tonight after I get home from work and get to actually play it. Supposedly this year's online is vastly improved--particularly when it comes to Xbox Live, which of course has been pretty much lag-free the entire time I've used it for anything.

I hear there are a lot of odd glitches this year...but that aside I'm sure it will play great, if the demo was any indication then matches will ebb and flow much more like real matches do.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm actually considering getting a 360 to play this version of the game, but I may opt for the PS2 version if I can't swing it.

Have fun! Let me know how it plays.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'll buy a 360 just to play this. I honestly stopped playing Smackdown vs Raw after "Shut you mouth" or something like that, I just always seem to miss them.

I'll probably just play as Jeff Hardy anyways.

Best answers
Omg!! You guys would really do that?!?!?! Buy a 360 just to play this game >_> ....but then,there are other good games on 360.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO, it's just another wrestling game with different people and a few new modes, yeah it might be pretty cool but meh, I don't like wrestling that much so.......

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't have a 360 yet, but whenever I get one, I'm picking this game up. It looks great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the game is great, only a few minor annoyances this year.

I've already unlocked unlimited CAW experience and have been creating wrestlers like crazy. They look INSANELY good; also on Xbox360 you can use the dpad to move sliders in increments, so you don't have to struggle to get your slider on an even number like in the past.

This game has the best create an entrance feature ever made, period. It plays in real time on the screen while you edit it; you can fully control all pyro and camera angle changes, as well as time them manually with the press of a button.

Ultimate Control moves are great--a little odd, cause some guys do strange ones they never did, but movesets matter little since you can edit any wrestlers' moves in the game.

The Royal Rumble's 'ring out' meter has been greatly improved.

All reversals are much more realistic now. Also grapples have an infinite reversal system--they are harder to pull off, but if you do, you actually can do a move, rather than having canned reversal animations.

Collision detection is much better, too--when a guy makes contact with your leg, for example, your superstar will react accordingly, even if the move didn't properly connect (i.e., a missile dropkick to the back of the head will make the person grab the back of their head even though the move is meant to be a facing one).

Overall the matches have a much more realistic pace. People ***** that the AI hasn't been improved but in all honesty it has; tag partners seem to help out more in pin or submission situations, the computer will vary it's ultimate control moves to confuse you and make them harder to reverse, and they will reverse early match finishers pretty often too--forcing a more real pace and timing of when to execute the finishing moves.

There are a number of ways to "KO" (read: kill) your opponent in the parking lot brawl.

All of the wrestlers are sized MUCH more to scale; Rey Mysterio is only up to the Great Khali's stomach, etc etc.

Created wrestlers, while in the ring, are nearly indistinguishable from the true ingame superstars. Super high resolution textures and many more custom color options, along with the new "stylize" feature for clothes and hair, lets you create these incredibly gorgeous, super-detailed characters. All textures look incredible--no more blurry, blocky crap.

I have only a handful of gripes--only one of which is noteworthy. The main point that kind of bugs me is the new ladder match AI. The match itself is cool as hell and playing it against live opponents is great--but the computer is capable of impossible feats that make it very frustrating (i.e. they have some type of magic superplex they do to you from almost anywhere in the ring, it instantly throws you off the top even if they aren't on the ladder with you). A lot of the movesets seem to be kinda cheesy this year--they've reached a point where the wrestlers are able to do many more moves than their real life counterparts actually use, which results in a lot of generic holds and stuff. But again, these can all be edited, so it's not bad at all. One of my other main complaints is Khali himself--for some reason they decided to make him nearly invincible, as he is immune to many clotheslines and even the infamous finisher-preceding toe kick. It takes a very creative player to beat him!

I haven't even scratched the surface of the stuff in this game in this post but those are some of the highlights (XB360 of course). I haven't even tried to play online yet but I bet that is incredible too.

I love you, Microsoft.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll be renting the PS2 version soon, so I can check it out and compare to your 360 experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a PS2 version of this game?! O_O;

**** yeah I can play this game!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We better change that to 4 then.

I'll get it on ps2 as well. I doubt that anything besides the gfx will be different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are allegedly only four differences that I know of:
1.) Graphics - Models and Facial animations have been skimped a bit to keep the game running smoothly
2.) Wrestlers don't sweat on the PS2
3.) 32 Create-a-Wrestler Layers on PS2, as opposed to Xbox's 64 layers
4.) You can't go into the crowd area on the side of the ring in all the match types on the PS2.

Otherwise, it's identical.

And there's the obvious bonus of Xbox Live vs. Ps2's online use. I know graphics aren't supposed to matter but a lot of this high res stuff on the 360 is LONG overdue.

Best answers
My flatmate grabbed this title, and I have to say, my ancient love of Wrestling games is rekindled, if only slightly. It looks like a solid game... but nothing can beat WWF Attitude, or Warzone. :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yuk scruff, I was expecting Wrestlemania 2000, or one of the WCW titles that actually ruled.

LOL ;)

Best answers
I have the game also and i have ot say it is probably one of the better smackdowns ive played. Also Pride i am sooooo glad another player noticed how invincible The Great Khali is. I takes me years to finally damage thig guy. Also you know theres somthing wrong if you fall off of the top of the Hell and the Cell and not be damaged at all. I guess they kinda knew this which is why you arent allowed to ues him in season mode.

Also Pride did you notice how easy it is to get hurt on this one compared to last years. It feels like if you get hit in the same area like 2-3 times it starts to get worn down and change colors alot easier.

Also they definately put every single detail into everyones entrances. Especially Kennedy's. All in all i think this years smackdown is definately worth the buy. The ultimate moves really add alot of variety to everyone as most dont have the same animations for each one.

*SPOILER* I also definately think this is the only game where you can chokeslam someone off the hell in the cell through the announcer table which is ****ing amazing if you find out how to do it.

Best answers
just played it.....dont like it at all....:no:
still prefer wcw vs nwo series on the n64!:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, Khali is a big old pile of bullcrap.

I don't like that they made lighter guys not able to injure heavy guys with certain strikes and such. With grapples it makes sense but the weight detection is still a little screwy--I've seen Shawn Michaels give Big Show a fallaway slam no problem thanks to Ultimate Control moves.

I could understand if the lightweights did reduced damage to the super heavies, or even if the big guys no-sell the moves...but to actually not hurt them at all, plus hurt yourself, plus set yourself up for a horrific counterattack...that's just too unfair.

They SHOULD have made it just take several repeated moves to knock the guys down, rather than just make it impossible to hit them with many of the key strikes (toe kick, any running clotheslines or kicks, etc).

There are some great reversals this year, though. I fought JBL as Rey Mysterio for a challenge match, and I jumped off the top rope to give him a hurracanrana, and he CAUGHT me, and then had me in a unique ultimate control move position for a powerbomb. Then he walked over to the ropes and powerbombed me out of the ring. Awesome!

Try ducking a clothesline when your up against the ropes during the royal rumble...another cool one is to dodge a strike when someone's running at you in the turnbuckle.

I adjusted a lot of the options sliders to deal with the different damage and momentum scaling this year, as well as reversal difficulty and frequency. GO into options and check it out to really customize your experience.

Best answers
The game is MUCH better then 06....exploits were fixed(I notice them better because I always play w/ friends, who are obviesly smarter then AI):

A:Turnbuckles - If you were Clean, all you had to do was knock down your opponent, jump on him while he's getting up so he can't counter, then you have an instent finisher: Turnbuckle moves no longer give a finisher.

B) A horrable exploit is the UCM on the ropes(putting a guy on the ropes and shakeing the ropes, hurting his testicles and doing a ****LOAD of damage, the problem is that the move CAN NOT be countered....you just have to wait until your opponent's stamina gets low then he has to drop you...but it IS LAME THAT IT CAN'T BE COUNTERED AS IT DOES A LOT OF DAMAGE!

C)Great Khali: In a Royal Rumble I was Triple H and my friend was Eddie G, and as we can't do the strong run we can't make Khali fall out of the ropes even after his whole body is red....it is impossable to make someone fall out of the ropes with a normal Irish Whip, and as he is so huge it is impossable to do a stronhg Irish Whip....so this mis a problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You actually can regular irish whip khali, if you are close enough to the ropes he will go over.

A little known tidbit is that any UCM can be escaped if you use a stored finisher.

You can adjust the amount of momentum gain for clean and dirty moves this year, as well as finisher damage and how easy it is to reverse a finisher, so all of that stuff can be edited.

Best answers
The character creation leaves something to be desired though. Seems like a step back from previous years. Not nearly as much stuff to customise your character.

Maybe I've just not found my way around it yet, but I have to say, not loving it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom