Smackdown Vs. Raw 07 - Demo live, and Legends confirmed!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those who haven't been following, I've recently read on the IGN forums that Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007 has a demo available for download on Xbox360. I hear it's abot 1.1 gigs and I'm under the impression it has tutorials on a lot of the new gameplay systems, including the strange new analog grappling.

Also...the legends roster is confirmed!
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/736/736038p1.html

Some of them are very good. We have the Hart Foundation in there; Mr. Perfect and Bam Bam are interesting choices too. I'm pretty annoyed by the "Faces of Foley" though. Four character slots wasted (In addition to Legends versions of Mankind, Cactus Jack, and Dude Love, there is also a normal "Mick Foley" character on the regular roster). Shane McMahon is an unlockable but they filed him under Legends, apparently. Plus we've got the mainstays of the Rock, Hogan (only one version, thank god), and Stone Cold. There's a playable version of King (finally!), Eddie Guerrero is in (WTF, where is Owen Hart??), and Roddy Piper makes an appearance too.

Curious by his absence is Andre the Giant, who previously has been in ALL the recent legends rosters. They've added Dusty Rhodes, too, and last but not least, a playable version of Tazz.

Not a bad roster, I think. They could have done way worse.

Early reports from the demo are that the gameplay is incredibly fluid and feels great. I'd like to hear some impressions from here if anyone has any (I don't own a 360 yet, and am buying it solely for this game). I'll be getting it in two weeks and then I'll play the demo, but for now I'll have to settle for hearsay. Just a heads up for fellow WWE game fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
... I hate everything about wrestling, except the Rock and Stone Cold, so meh.

Best answers
mf29 said:
... I hate everything about wrestling, except the Rock and Stone Cold, so meh.
So you just like 2 half naked, sweaty guys, without liking the sport they're doing? Why do you like them then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because they kick ass, and Stone Cold isn't scared of anyone, he'll cuss anyone out when he feels like it.

Best answers
You do realise that everything in wresteling is fake and staged and that he most likely won't even touch a granny if she glared at him?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets try and steer clear of the fake wrestling argument please.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I hope Jeff will be in 2007, seeing as he has now made his come back.

DMW

Best answers
"Because they kick ass, and Stone Cold isn't scared of anyone, he'll cuss anyone out when he feels like it." the acting part is fake.lol pro wrestlers need a licence for acting to even wrestle i think.But meh whatever,i hope this game is as adicting as the other ones.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
You do realise that everything in wresteling is fake and staged and that he most likely won't even touch a granny if she glared at him?
I love that every wrestling is fake argument from someone who doesn't watch it is like:

ZOMFG, YOU DON'T KNOW IT'S SCRIPTED?!?!?

Ever watch TV, or go to a movie, guess what, none of that is "real" either.

You do realize that anyone that watches wrestling knows this and doesn't care what you think we do and do not realize?

I'm sick of this coming up in every thread that has wrestling mentioned. If it's not about whether or not wrestling is "real" then don't ****ing bring it up.

On Topic:

I'm hesitant to get a wrestling game for the 360 for the plain and simple reason that I have concerns that code x will not support that version of the game. I have a female caw that I use often, and I'd hate to not be able to use her in story mode or in any match where she could be busted open or tossed through a windshield. We should be allowed to do the Chyna thing if we want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just going to close the thread. It's obvious no one is going to care or behave anyway.

If anyone's interested in hearing how the demo is, PM me. I got Xbox360 this weekend and can go into depth about the new controls and such. I wanted to talk about it here but it's clear that I overestimated the interest in maturely discussing this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom