Sleep

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
General topic to talk about sleep.

How much sleep do you guys usually get a night?
You guys ever pull an all nighter, not going to sleep till the next night?

As for myself, my sleeping patterns are all over the place. I'm think I'm like an insomniac, I never want to go to sleep when I'm awake, but when I finally do, I never want to wake up / have an extremely hard time waking up. On average I'd say I probably get like 7 hours a night

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I mostly sleep 5 hours a day, depending how late I'm going to bed. But I'd rather not stay up the whole night due to school reasons.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I work out and I try to get 9 hours of sleep a night. Got to make sure I get that level 3 sleep or whatever it's called in order for your body to heal and grow.

Sometimes I party and get less sleep then I'd like.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like anywhere from 3 to 6 hours depending on how busy I am, I tend to crash pretty hard on weekends though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tend to sleep between 3 -5 hours nowadays, some times i just stay up all night.

Weekends and vacations are a different thing, then i usually sleep around ~ 5 - 15 hours at best.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I sleep anywhere from 7-11 hours per night. Rarely do I sleep over 10 hours though. My sleeping pattern is crazy. I woke up a 1 A.M. today and I'll probably go to sleep about 3 P.M. It's whatever I want it to be.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2-4 hours a day. Takes me an hour just to fall to sleep. Most of the time I'm either completely unable to sleep, or I'll fall asleep and wake up soon after. Every so often I'll sleep for a good 12 hours or more, probably to make up for the sleep I'd been missing up until that point.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Depends, really. When I have to get up early, I sleep 7 hours maximum. That's mostly when I have my morning shift at school. On my afternoon shift I usually get 9 hours of sleep, sometimes 8 if I go to bed late. And on weekends, I tend to sleep around 10 hours.

That said, it's really hard for me to get up on my own will. I set my alarm, and I want to get up, but my body just won't listen. Whenever I said my alarm really early I just turn it off, go back to sleep and wake up on my own 3-4 hours later. And that's kinda depressing, I gotta work on that before I get an actual job, because the way things are going now I'll probably get fired after 3 days of coming into work 3-4 hours late.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On work days I usually fall asleep about 1AM and I wake up at 7 o'clock.
On weekend and holidays, I fall asleep about 2-4AM and wake up about 1-2PM.
I have never slept during the day since I was a baby.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Between 3 and six, depends how much stuff I do in the evening. Because I'm a lazy ass,
I sometimes start to work on projects the evening before the deadline, and pull an all-nighter.
On weekends I sometimes just don't sleep at all, depending on what I do. Last two years I often slept in the afternoons,
well not really sleep, but just be really relaxed and almost sleeping for 2-3 hours.
Longest period without sleep was a techno festival, thursday to sunday without sleep, no drugs involved (well except alcohol).

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Due to school reasons i sleep up to 6-7 hours along the week!
Weekends are my favorite because i can sleep up to 10-15 hours! :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On work days, I usually get between 4-5 hours of sleep. On non-work days, I usually get between 7-9 hours of sleep.

But regardless of how many hours of sleep I get, it's never enough.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since some people sleep 5 people and under I wanna ask if that has any negative effect on your social life,body and mind?
Since I heard you gota sleep 7 hours minimum to stay healthy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since some people sleep 5 people and under I wanna ask if that has any negative effect on your social life,body and mind?
Since I heard you gota sleep 7 hours minimum to stay healthy.
I'll say I'm fine, but I can't really compare how I operate now to how I operate when I sleep for 12+ hours since it happens so infrequently. There is no set standard for sleeping. Every person is different so every person needs a different amount of sleep. I can keep up in debates and function well with 2 hours of a sleep a night, so I think I'm doing alright.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a long time I was sleeping for three to six hours max because I had sleep apnea, and sleeping actually made me feel worse than trying to stay up. The down side is, my kidneys and liver were badly damaged by the disease and by the lack of sleep. Now I have a machine that helps me sleep nightly and I do between six and eight hours. Most of the damage has healed and I have a much better bill of health.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tend to get around 8 hours of sleep each night; perhaps a little less during classes, depending on my schedule.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
For a long time I was sleeping for three to six hours max because I had sleep apnea, and sleeping actually made me feel worse than trying to stay up. The down side is, my kidneys and liver were badly damaged by the disease and by the lack of sleep. Now I have a machine that helps me sleep nightly and I do between six and eight hours. Most of the damage has healed and I have a much better bill of health.
I'm sorry to hear that happened. I'm glad your doing well from it.

My sleeping patterns change regularly, it depends on what's going on. Since I do play WoW, and my guild raids between 10pm and 2 am. I'm generally up until around 3 am. And I usually wake up at 8am to 10 am depending on what i have to do.

So generally between 5 to 7 hours of sleep each night for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom