Sleep paralysis

Best answers
Me, my dad and my youngest brother have all had this really unusual sleeping disorder where we wake up with our bodies asleep but our mind is fully alert. The only way we can wake up is by concetrating on moving our finger and getting it to move and then do the same for the arms and legs.
We went to the doctors recently and found out that we had an extreme case of Sleep Paralysis.
Normal sleep results in you waking up with your bodies asleep but your mind is awake, but in our case our nerves aren't even working when it happens and when we concentrate we force them to work and certain areas of our brain just randomly increase activity, if it's the hearing sector of the brain sounds around us just get enormously loud.
It can be as scary as hell as I've been frozen for 2 hours on one occasion.

Best answers
IMO, I think thats cool.. cept for the frozen part.. but you have my sympothy. May you get better :D

Best answers
This almost sounds like Onegai Teacher, except not quite a full withdraw. You get my sympothy =^_^=

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard about this on a news report awhile back.
You get caught in a dream-like state and can't move?
I don't know anyone who has this disorder, but I can imagine how scary it could be.
I hope the cure for this is on the way.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I think this might have somethign to do with the 'REM' state and you not fully coming out of it, chances are I'm wrong, hopefully cuc will come in with his knowledge and pwn my theory :p

Best answers
It's not really dream like, I'm fully alert. The scariest instance of it that happened, was once I had been frozen for a while and I just couldn't wake my body up and then bam!, I felt like I had gotten kicked in the chest and I was still frozen.
It was something to do with that part of my brain that deals with chest sensory information going into overdrive. I have the most severe case of it apparently.
Thanks for the sympathy guys, it's appreciated.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Omfg, if that happened to me, you would not believe what I would think happened...

I'd probly think of 100 different, unreal things.

Heres a couple :
1. OMG MY CEILING IS FALLING
2. OMG I'M DIEING
3. OMG SOMEONE'S HITTING ME
4. OMG SOMEONE'S KICKING ME
5. OMG I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK
... and so on.

I have the weirdest explainations for everything. One time my cable cut off and I thought the cable company cut me off for downloading pr0n o_O.

Best answers
UltraPerfectCel said:
Omfg, if that happened to me, you would not believe what I would think happened...

I'd probly think of 100 different, unreal things.

Heres a couple :
1. OMG MY CEILING IS FALLING
2. OMG I'M DIEING
3. OMG SOMEONE'S HITTING ME
4. OMG SOMEONE'S KICKING ME
5. OMG I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK
... and so on.

I have the weirdest explainations for everything. One time my cable cut off and I thought the cable company cut me off for downloading pr0n o_O.
LOL :laff: . I was thinking, "WTF??". It wasn't just like anyone had kicked me, I'm talkin a big huge 6ft guy kicking me. I felt like screaming with the pain but I couldn't because my body wouldn't move.

Best answers
I've had that happen to me and my mom before also, but i was never unable to move for like 2 hrs, more like 5 mins.

Best answers
You might have the normal version of it, where as what we have is extreme, be thankful you don't have the sensory overload thing.

EDIT:Above post:
No, unfortunatly.

Best answers
Hmm that has happened to me ;/ o_o :scared: or was it my brother holding me down either way it didnt fell like i could fell my body hope ya get better man :devgrin:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have my sympAthy as well. It sounds interesting actually. Can't you get someone or thing to jump on you or something?

Best answers
When I'm frozen I look like I'm asleep, so other people wouldn't know when to do something and even if they did, only I can do anything about being frozen.

Best answers
****, that sucks so much. Hope they find a cure for that. Man, Let's all hope you won't have to go thru 2 hrs again. Sorry, not one for sympathy. But I hope it gets better with age.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if your entire body is paralyzed wouldnt you suffocate.....
and can u open your eyes or speak while in this state?

Best answers
He said 'fully alert'.. anyways, that condition is bad in case of emergencys..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think he means, he was awake and he could hear things... but if hes paralyzed he cant feel anything.

thus my questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom