Sleep cycle seriously disrupted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the past four days there has been a stupid music festival in my town, and seeing as my appartment is pretty near the place it was held, I hardly got any sleep from the noise. The music was crap also, but that's another story. Anyway, every day of the festival, I fell asleep at 5-6 AM, by the time the music stopped. I feel I've gotten used to that byo-rhythm now, since now it's 5 AM here. I feel that if I go to sleep now, I'll wake up at 3:30 PM as I did the past four days. So should I stay awake? Or just go to sleep and try to get back to normal tommorow?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You go to sleep when you're tired. I myself got off from bed just a moment ago, because i couldn't get sleep, and it's 6 Am.

It'll go through, or at least should.

Be awake for this whole day, and at evening, you'll get sleep as guaranteed.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the past four days there has been a stupid music festival in my town, and seeing as my appartment is pretty near the place it was held, I hardly got any sleep from the noise. The music was crap also, but that's another story. Anyway, every day of the festival, I fell asleep at 5-6 AM, by the time the music stopped. I feel I've gotten used to that byo-rhythm now, since now it's 5 AM here. I feel that if I go to sleep now, I'll wake up at 3:30 PM as I did the past four days. So should I stay awake? Or just go to sleep and try to get back to normal tommorow?
Well, personally I would recommend you speak with your doctor about this.

I go through the same thing all the time and it takes a very long time to correct it. When you start going to bed at 5:00 AM, your body becomes less tired before that time every day afterwards and you'll find it difficult to sleep anytime before then. However, staying awake until the time you feel like you're ready to go to bed isn't the best option either. While you might feel tired all day, you won't be able to go to sleep around the time you want. You also have the problem of falling asleep during the day if you decide to stay up, this can seriously mess with your sleep cycle.

Anyway, if you go with the first option, it'll take you a while to correct your sleep cycle. If you go with the second option, make sure you find something to keep your occupied until the time you wish to fall asleep.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I would do, stay awake all day and go to bed very very earlyl (7-10ish pm) and wake up at a decent time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's probably what I'm gonna do, and if nothing else I'll go to sleep by force, I've developed ways of doing that some time ago....but damn i feel like **** right now. My body is heavy and hurts all over and my neck is stiff. Am I gonna feel like this all day?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what I would do, stay awake all day and go to bed very very earlyl (7-10ish pm) and wake up at a decent time.
This is the best option. Pick a day where you don't have to do anything the next day, and just stay up. Sleep as late as you can the day before, so you can stay awake long enough to jump ahead a day with you sleep schedule. Go to bed 12 hours before you want to get up, and then force yourself into a sleep schedule the next couple days so that it sticks.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
or go to bed on time, and take a sleep aid like melatonin to sleep through the night and correct itself, or just wake up early so you'll be tired for the night.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well being in the medical profession, it's best for you to slowly adjust your sleep schedule. lets say you fall asleep at 5 am. try to sleep around 2 or 3 am, while avoiding getting any periods of long rest. while doing this, try to actually in bed 15-30 minutes before the time you want to sleep and just lay down. the body loves consistency, so adjusting it a bit at a time won't totally mess up your body's subconscious rhythm too much. also if the noise is a problem, you might want to get some aids to help lessen the noise, such as ear muffs, or whatever you prefer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or go to bed on time, and take a sleep aid like melatonin to sleep through the night and correct itself, or just wake up early so you'll be tired for the night.
Why is the answer always drugs with you!?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best way to correct your rythm is just to miss an entire night of sleep, and then go to bed when you normally would.
e.g go to bed at 10 pm and wake up at 6 am or something.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when my sleep cycle gets messed up like that, i usually get so drunk i pass out, or masturbate til i pass out...

it's really a win/win for me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey at least I didn't tell him to smoke two bowls and find a friend with some xanny bars.
Hmmm... at the very least he'd forget about his difficulty sleeping.

My advice? Go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom