Skybox bug

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I couldn't find this in the Mantis bug report thing. (is there actually any search on that site?)

Anyway, I was just playing some ESF, suddenly the server crashed (something that could be expected, I don't know why it crashed though) so the map restarted (ESF_cellgames_night, I think it was) but I got this really annoying bug:

It was pretty small when the server started, but it seemed the envelop the entire skybox the longer I played, by the time I hit 3 million on PL (say, 10, 15 minutes) nearly the entire skybox was white.

It seems like there was some kind of large sphere around me, that would get smaller and smaller, the skybox positioning outside this sphere would turn white.
I can't seem to reproduce it though...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not the skybox.

Thats actualy a gigantic spherical explosion sprite. Like the ones in 1.1.

It slowly goes back to 0 size. Ive had that a couple of times in 1.2 but never in 1.3 yet.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That's really odd.. I never really encountered such bug before. At first I was thinking of a huge sprite, but I doubt it would be it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not the skybox.

Thats actualy a gigantic spherical explosion sprite. Like the ones in 1.1.

It slowly goes back to 0 size. Ive had that a couple of times in 1.2 but never in 1.3 yet.
Are you sure? It was clearly only around the skybox, (If you walked to the edges of the map, you could see it was only around the skybox) and it isn't opaque just like the explosion sprites.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just curious. Before the server crashed, did anyone used a energy wave attack? And that exploded perhaps? I keep thinking the white is a huge sprite, but It's really odd as said before because I never seen it before.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you sure? It was clearly only around the skybox, (If you walked to the edges of the map, you could see it was only around the skybox) and it isn't opaque just like the explosion sprites.

Yea i am. As said i saw this a couple of times in 1.2

The sprite was allways solid. Looked exacly like yours. Except i only saw them starting big and getting together. Yours started small and went bigger.

Sadly i have not a slightest clue of a shadow of an idea what could cause it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure Skyrider, I just died, so I couldn't see what everyone was doing. Well, so far I haven't had this bug again, so let's hope it will never show up again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom