Skiwans Dump (lots of images)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heya, been a while since I showed you what I was doing, partly because of my WoW obsession and partly because of laziness. I'm getting back into things at the moment so I'm making more progress than before. I've been doing a lot of anatomy studies atm, but I dont want to bore you with copies from anatomy books, so I've trimmed it down to what might be slightly interesting. Some are old (pre wow) and some are newer (past month) here goes;

These first three are sketches from up town (when I'm waiting to meet friends when I have my sketchbook on me) the ones of people are just fast sketches, people don't stand still too long for you to draw them, so you have anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute to try and draw them, the last is a sketch of one of my Uni's campuses.

Next 2 are just some random sketches with a pen, just loose and fast crazy stuff

Just random

I suck at enviroments but every once in a while I give em a shot

From the coach to Scotland edited out my rambling bordem.

Random stuff

These 2 were meant to be both painted with very vibrant colours and I was gonna do some illustrator vector work for the backgrounds, I never finished them, just lost interest.

Some speed paintings and an old study I did before last wow binge, trying to get better at landscapes but I suck, more the better though

Did some thumbs ages ago of spartans, then when I quit the wow I wanted to remind myself of painting technique so I tried with one of these thumbs, the lion came from nowhere, just had to be stabbing something (I suck at animals too) It went okay, but the painting was very dull and lacks contrast and I lost a lot of the shape and movement during the painting process.

Decided to work on some studies from films here, on the lighting/composition of the scene, mainly so I could get back into painting again. The Star wars one was about an hour, but the Blade Runner/Lotr's were about 20-30 mins on each, (lotr's ones about 40 mins)

Decided I needed to get myself back into modeling too, but I don't wanna do anymore anime/dbz models, I want to go with my own style, so I'm trying to design a futuristic character to model high poly and take into Zbrush, here's where I'm at atm, these are just for shape and design purposes atm, trying to work out what i like

So where we go, Hopefully you'll see me updating this thread pretty often now.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love everything. Seriously.

Those last concepts looks like MMO characters within that one sheet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you can expand on concepts 4, 7, and 8, i'd love to make them UT3 characters.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will be expanding on some of them, as long as you don't pick the one I'm gonna use then feel free to model :p

Hard to get models into UT3?

Best answers
Wow man. Great stuff. I really like the concepts. Nothing bad with any of them. Keep up the great work!

:Edit: The last pic on there reminds me of Too Human, it looks like some of those could be used as an armor set in that game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cool like always david,nice work.
ps:can you give me some tips for paint in photoshop?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it. You may get all emo and stuff because no one is criticizing your work so you can get better. But there's a reason for that.

Your drawings are ****ing awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/davidskiwan/Sketchbook/sb8.jpg is the only drawing I really don't appeal or take interest to much. It's not that great, looks like a quick sketch which it probably is, but other than that you're really good.

Best answers
Oh wow O_O Good to see you draw again. Your drawings are so kickass and they inspire me a lot. I even learned quite a few things by viewing your drawings!

I wanna draw now too ^_^; Keep it up!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
all hail david!
awsome work man, i just cant crit it ;p
have you ever tried animateing youre stuff ?, i wold love to see them "alive" :3

Best answers
Nice as usual. I really like your drawing style and your refs too. I always look through your photobucket when I'm bored. XD

Best answers
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (try saying that)
Absolutely Kick ass. I wish I could draw like that. Actually, I have an offer for you. I was planning on Beginning a Halo-like RPG. Not based on or the same sort of alien races, but very similar in design. I am creating a Thread tomorrow(Once my new computer is up and running)
And wondered if you wanted to design some custom concept art. Doesn't have to be done for tomorrow. Just let me know if you are interested.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You never cease to amaze me, mate. Awesome work once more. I just love it how you can sketch something so vivid, so alive in just a short time. And give you more time, you create magnificent pieces. By the way, don't say you suck at environments, because they look awesome as well. They might not be as good as your anatomic drawings, but they are great nonetheless.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I was waiting for this post. Love it all. Post more please :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom