Skinning

DMW

Best answers
I have Photoshop,i have decided to start skinning when i finish the model i am working on.Now since iv had my Photoshop i have barely used it therfore i dont know the tools very well.Is that a problem,should i be familiar with the photoshop tools before i take a UV map,Or whatever tutorial?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Traditional photoshop tutorials aren'te going to help you a great deal.

Google + Digital Painting Tutorials = Help

DMW

Best answers
Ok im almost done with my tien inspired model so ill be using a few tutorials on photoshop and a uv map tutorial and get to skinning.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont double post. warning next time.

(why do people think its ok to double post??)

that question is retorical. go read the AUP.

DMW

Best answers
Mad AxMan it was a mistake,i forgot i was the last 1 to post,ill get rid of it and im sorry and will try to pay more attention.Again sorry for the trouble.*EDIT* I need a skinning program,the only 1 i know of is llithwrap or somthing,what are some recomended skinning programs?

Best answers
while were on the subject whats the difference between using a skinning program or just using max

DMW

Best answers
I dont know about max?,im a milkshape user and i think in the modeling program you can only color the model(like you didnt yours),but skinning is like coloring and making it look better pretty much,take a look at kreshi's half skinned SSJ4 vegeta and youll get what i mean.

Best answers
yeah but with max cant you just unwrap it and put it in photoshop and get just as good of quality as if you used a skinning program?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeoSaiyajin said:
Well, there is a big difference. You cannot create a skin in max, but you can apply basic colors to parts of the mesh as guides to show where certain things go or to get the basic look of the model.
Using a skinning program you can create a skin for the model that can be applied to it using the matierial editor in max. So pretty much max creates the model, and skinning programs make it look good.
wrooong, theres several plugins for max that allow this. not to mention the max materials can be used to make some of the best base textures going.

DMW

Best answers
Well does milkshape work like that two or do i gotta get a program to unwrap it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you have to get a program. Read the CS Girl tutorial and google for LithUnwrap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom