Skinnin SSJ4 Gogeta

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started skinning clipseh's gogeta last night, and got a bit more done today. Big thanks to sv for the skinmaps, saved me a huge headache <3<3<3

Best answers
enixxorrr : P

not bad, i think you got the eye balls a little too oversized : D
also they would look better without that white reflection

and the torso lines are a bit too blured/smuged, the hair is too dark compared
to the brighter parts,

lines above he's eyes are too sharp ( soft them out a bit )
what i noticed ( compared to sv style ) that sv skins them in a realistic way and they still look cartoony, yours is more going twards a full shadowed real life skn, if you know what i mean : D hehe

but still it ownz, enixorrr , secks in 8 dimensions i would say : P ,
btw that gogeta is released as an sdk? i would love to skin it in a cell shaded way if its possible

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fantastic work dude!
I'm gonna wait a little longer before I crit ;)

Cant wait to see more =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like you want me to turn it into SV's :p.

Anyfart, I got a bit more done.

[edit]

SV: <3<3<3

Best answers
Sounds like you want me to turn it into SV's :p.
you mean me? i guess you do, the crits i gived are my personal " crits "
didint meant to push you in sv's direction, and i gotta say that rest of my post ( if not all ) was a bit ignored ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not at all, every word you said echoed in my head when I was making some changes, but I didn't agree with everything to suggested :p. I did make the eyes smaller vertically, because I agreed with that, but everything else I am still thinking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best part so far is the hair.

Best answers
I'm loving everything except for the eyes.

Its not the size, its the shape of the eye itself, you've given it straight lines on either side, which really softens his expression and makes him look un-gogeta-ish.

They should actually be angled inwards as Ssj characters have a "meaner" default eye shape.

anyway I look forward to seeing more progress :D

Best answers
Not at all, every word you said echoed in my head when I was making some changes, but I didn't agree with everything to suggested :p. I did make the eyes smaller vertically, because I agreed with that, but everything else I am still thinking about.
oh mkay enixor, thats fine then : D, as for more cirts, maybe try to saturate the skin tone a bit, it lacks contrast a bit, dunno experiment. :]

What im realy waiting for is the fur :p and,
a troublesome question again , this gogeta appears as an sdk ?
i wanna cell shaded it , ( if its ok with you,sv, clipseh ) if not give a reason

cheers!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear to god...something always goes wrong when I try and get back into 3d art. My video card crapped up on me and now I am stuck with onboard until I order another one, this time i'm going with a radeon, geforce cards have lost my trust. Anyway, here is exactly what I have atm:

Oh, and I denno, it was never officially released, I just asked clipseh if I could give it a try and he sent it over. Your best bet is to ask clipseh.

Best answers
The eyes bother meh! So hows it going Enix haven't seen you on in a while.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I swear to god...something always goes wrong when I try and get back into 3d art. My video card crapped up on me and now I am stuck with onboard until I order another one, this time i'm going with a radeon, geforce cards have lost my trust. Anyway, here is exactly what I have atm:

Oh, and I denno, it was never officially released, I just asked clipseh if I could give it a try and he sent it over. Your best bet is to ask clipseh.
Looking good but I'd drop the smile a bit. Models need a neutral/angry face otherwise, great.

PS: Radeon own GeForce any day :laff: .

Best answers
It looks really good enix. But the hair one his body looks a little too maroon (redish brown evenly) and the shadows/dark parts on his hair look too dark too and should be more red imo. but its really sweet keep it up. EDIT: Also his pecks should be up higher, they look too long. By this pic the bottom of where his abs arent hairy should be only a little lower as the bottom of his jacket.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looking awesome =]

I would say it needs more highlights overall, mostly on the orange parts of the vest and on the skin.
I also think the eyebrows edges should extend more like this <---> , right now it seems like the eyes are very squeezed, it might fix it.

I really love how it's coming along, keep it coming =D

Best answers
fantastic skin i liked, but only a critc the color of the body isn't like that, this way looks vine color, try to make more dark brown

sorry for bad english

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks :O. I do agree with the fur color, it's something I overlooked, because this is my main reference:

I tried to stear clear of of the movie screen caps because they are really low quality and the colors aren't accurate. The hair is that color because I thought it was more interesting, and it looks really nice from the back. I just want to add more contrast to the skin so it will show up better ingame, with light shaded hair, the different strands of hair wouldn't be as noticable.

And yes, his eye brows are a bit funked up, I havn't found a good picture of them because his hair is always hanging down infront of his eyes, but I will definatly tweek them.

You have to understand that I don't have control over a lot of the things on this skin, it has to fit the style and look of ssj4 gogeta and also fit the model (i'm not editing it since its clipsehs, not mine). The pecs on the model are this way, so I have to stick with it. I already have some highlights on the rest of the skin, but hid them because I wasn't sure if it looked right, it looked a bit too shiney.

I have to reinstall all my apps and then I will get to finishing this, and editing the hell out of it, because I see some great crits here that I want to take.

Best answers
Looking good Enix i like the way SSj4 Gogeta is looking lifelike

Keep up the good work mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom