Skin and texture?

Best answers
What is the difference between skin and texture?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skin is like a 'skin' for a human like model. Texture is like a wall thats been painting on and has bumps. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lith said:
Skin is like a 'skin' for a human like model. Texture is like a wall thats been painting on and has bumps. o_O
um . . . right . . .

Texturing and skinning can both mean the same thing at times, but in some circles, a skin, or skinning is a technical reference to when you rig a model for animation (assign vertices upon a model to certain bones)
Texturing is always definitely referring to the application of color, shades, definition of shape, etc. upon a 2d plane that it will appear on a 3d model.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
um . . . right . . .

Texturing and skinning can both mean the same thing at times, but in some circles, a skin, or skinning is a technical reference to when you rig a model for animation (assign vertices upon a model to certain bones)
Texturing is always definitely referring to the application of color, shades, definition of shape, etc. upon a 2d plane that it will appear on a 3d model.
SA_Gohan hit the hammer on the head :)

Best answers
In this circle when people normally say skin they mean the texture map applied to a 3d model ( i.e : texture ) Just like some people here say poly when they really mean tri and so forth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it used to be, Look at this texture on my model!!
but since Q3 skin is also used, Look at this skin on me model!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom