Sketch Thread 2006

Best answers
quick pen sketch did in college of saber from fate/stay night (**** shading)

Best answers
Don't know if any of you remember this one, but i slightly updated/changed stuff.. Going to color it soon (one can hope :)):

Old one can be found here..

Best answers
Bolteh said:
Shaved > all

And that's a tattoo down there :)

Started ****ing it up o/

That looks REALY good so fare:D I wich I were that good at drawing, keep em coming:yes:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
loving it bolteh, wanna see it finished D;<

Best answers

Yarr, last time I'll post here :) (don't want to hijack).. I'll finish it and start a new thread for it (if you don't see a thread, I didn't finish it (yet)

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks pretty sweet bolteh!

:p I like her better this way, without that monster hand.

Best answers
Ya, lots of people didn't like it, and neither did I :) I wanted to have a hand that was consuming her, not just some mutated monster glove.. + I figured it's time for me to actually learn how to draw hands, so that's what came out.. I must say I'm quite happy with it ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Bolteh: Very nice ^^

Something you could do to improve the shading is have the light source coming almost entirely from one side of the character. That way you can more easily give it volume through shadows and light.
And avoid using white and black for highlights and shadow, as well as midtones (dodge) and I think highlights (burn).

Hope this helps out some :D

EDIT: Some traditional character sketches and a turn around I had to come up with for class. Based on my oldest and most favorite RP character Rael Zarin ^^

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bolteh said:
Ya, lots of people didn't like it, and neither did I :) I wanted to have a hand that was consuming her, not just some mutated monster glove.. + I figured it's time for me to actually learn how to draw hands, so that's what came out.. I must say I'm quite happy with it ^^
Hah, what a way to avoid drawing hands.

Hands = total nightmare at times, I even misplace the thumb at times >_< kinda stupid really D:

I'll upload something of mine soon.

Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
@Bolteh: Very nice ^^

Something you could do to improve the shading is have the light source coming almost entirely from one side of the character. That way you can more easily give it volume through shadows and light.
And avoid using white and black for highlights and shadow, as well as midtones (dodge) and I think highlights (burn).

Hope this helps out some :D[/IMG]
I only used midtone burn and no dodge.. The lighting areas are done by using the same color as the base color, putting its blending mode to screen, opacity to 10 and just slowly adding the highlights..

I also tried to have the lightsource coming from one area (upper right corner).. The reason why I added some lighter areas on the left side, is because that's what realistic shading works like (check out the phong-shader in half-life 2: episode 1).. I might define the right side a bit more with additional highlights, but i won't go too far in that :)

Best answers
Chibi Fou-Lu from breath of fire rpg game:

I will turn this into a ref pic and get it modeled!

Best answers

My friend Blazed was helping me in OC with drawing hair.(Can we post oC sessions up here too?) EDIT: >.> I just realized her head is big... real big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom