skating vs soccer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no it doesnt CJ, because football was obviously named by a retard who didnt know that you never use your feet in that sport, whereas football (here, soccer there) is called such because your not allowed to use your hands or arms. its a feet only sport.

kinda makes sense eh?

therefor, US Football = lose

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know a position in football is called.. "Kicker"

they must kick with the hands..

Can you demonstrate it for me?

And back in the old days, when football started, players used to be able to kick field goals/throw passes

So players were forcd to play many positions (RB, Kicker, and QB)

Today however, teams have the luxory of having sperate people for each position. And 50 years ago, kicking the ball was a big part of the game.

hence the name football..
So.. yeah.. what

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I think Soccer is fun. Skating = injuries, bad ones.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
You know a position in football is called.. "Kicker"

they must kick with the hands..

Can you demonstrate it for me?

And back in the old days, when football started, players used to be able to kick field goals/throw passes

So players were forcd to play many positions (RB, Kicker, and QB)

Today however, teams have the luxory of having sperate people for each position. And 50 years ago, kicking the ball was a big part of the game.

hence the name football..
So.. yeah.. what
Yes, its called rugby football.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
vlad_goten said:
hy guys i want you're opinion, witch sport is better skating or soccer? and give me reasons pls :)
rofl, thats the wierdest comparison of sports... soccer and skating.. lol
soccer is fun, but not with competition. If you just much around with your friends and play soccer, its cool. Actually, if you really want a fun game, play Ultimate Frisbee or Vollyball. But ya, skating takes the cake. Its a pain in the ass to learn how, but once you learn a kickflip, everything branches off from there. Here is a clip of me... in the learning stages... lol
( some of you may have seen this before :0 )
http://rapidshare.de/files/4499393/kickflip_minigap_004.avi.html
Click "WATCH" on the right hand side

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look at it this way.....every skateboarder in teh world can play or at least kick the damn football/football ball o_o but not every football player can ride skateboard :D

so this is how it goes:

football = newbie sport
skateboarding = extreme sport aka pr0 1337 sp0rt3h!

this is how the skill goes for play/ride something:

football < rollerblading < skateboarding < bmx (you know what I mean by this one) < superman...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
too bad american football uses so many helmets, padding and what not, Rugby is much rougher than american football, difference between the 2 is that in Rugby, you can only tackle below the chest (below the waist if youre playing u15's rugby)

dendza, anyone CAN kick a football, but can they do it nicely so it doesnt look feminine/camp/****ed up and can they hit the target they intended to hit?

in my book, Skateboarding is not that extreme :\ tbh, i like to see watch BMX programs way more than i like to see skatboard demos or what not, when i think Skateboard, i think to myself: Rodney Mullen, i dont care about all this half pipe **** and what not, it doesnt impress me. Skatboarding can be picked up in a shorter time than actually playing football, and i dont mean just kicking a ball around, i mean PLAYING football

gir, i meant control with your feet, so err no
skateboarding is more balance rather than control

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Football doesnt use as much pads as you think.. The shoulderpads are only about an inch thick, and has some plastic. Helmet.. Ok.. But a head to head contact with a HELMET can possibly kill you, or, break your neck..

Other then that.. Thats it.. The kneee pads dont do ****, there more annoying then anything..

AND please.. for ANYONE that calls it a wussy sport..

Watch this..
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/mcgahee.html

This player is Curently the running back for the Buffalo bills

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude just look what 1-2-3 year old kids do with them ball... when one learns to walk parents buy the sucka some ball so "it" can play with it. After a while parent (mostly male) teach you how to kick the damn ball, am I right? So the conclusion is that its in your blood...tehnique and all on how to kick the ball. Skateboarding is like learning to walk again. lol, pretty nice example?

p.s. Yeah Rodney Mullen ;_; .... *speach less*

Best answers
well from being a ex skateborder and a footballer, i would say football is the better sport, now a days it seens all the skaters are stupid t**ts who are up them selfs and just treat everyone like crap, yes it takes control and in order to do skills in skatebording but once u learn that first boardslide and kickfilp thats it the sport does get easy, where as in football it takes control also, yes mums or dads may buy their kid a ball and teach him how to kick it but i seen ppl who been playing football for years and still dont know how to control a ball, the thing is anyone can learn football and anyone can learn skatebording so u cant really compaire the sports.

Best answers
Yeah, I prefer footy myself. Can't skate, y'see. Plus, if the skaters don't have huge sticks and aren't trying to kick the crap out of each other, it's just not worth watching.

And yes, I am refusing to cater to the Yanks on this board by calling it soccer. :p You use your feet in Football more than you do in American Football (or to use its full name, 'Rugby For Kids'), so it's more deserving of the name, in my opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You like rugby because you probably dont live in the US.. In USA, I dont think they have put rugby on TV in years. Nobody cares about rugby, or how completely dumb it is to watch. Ive seen it on my IO once in a while.

Ill take the pads and the players making 50million and the actualy use of "Strategy" over Rugby anyday.

Best answers
Im from england and i dont like rugby or US football i think both sports are retarted to be honest

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe ive been playing Rugby since i was 10 (im 17 now, only just stopped playing after i left my old school last year) and ive been playing Football since i was 8 (for school team and at soccer schools during the summer etc, couldnt be arsed to play for a weekend team, had too much musical stuff going on then) i dont like Rugby that much either, (my last school forced us to play it) but only because i hate tackling people, or rather im afraid lol, being a winger pays :D

CrackerJack said:
You like rugby because you probably dont live in the US.. In USA, I dont think they have put rugby on TV in years. Nobody cares about rugby, or how completely dumb it is to watch. Ive seen it on my IO once in a while.
same goes for Americans and global football ;p

Best answers
ehm ... does bmxing count ? i used to skate and roler skate but now i bmx its kinda better ... soccers is a nice sport too .... bmx ownz ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom