Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

http://home.planet.nl/~gorp0148/template.jpg

I was asked to make a layout, don't ask me why, because I practicly never made a good layout.. all I ever did was making a wallpaper with some text over it and call it a layout :p, but I promised to give it a shot, so here it is, hope you all like it, I'm not done with it yet, still trying

grtz Naz

Best answers
i mean...the graphical part (banner) looks great but the layout is merely OK. The nav bars are nice thought and the color sceme is great.

The nav dont have to be so wide because all the options in the menu are really short.

and the "acended anime" in black focuses all my attention on the text.

also are u going to put the whole site within a table so that the edges arent right against the side of the browser?

overall gj keep working :)

also are u going to make a news system under the join forum portion so the ppl have somewhere to post?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow lots of questions :)

Originally posted by mr. roshi
i mean...the graphical part (banner) looks great but the layout is merely OK. The nav bars are nice thought and the color sceme is great.
I think something was be4 this? I don't know but thanks

The nav dont have to be so wide because all the options in the menu are really short.
I could make it thinner, but that would leave me with an open space, what would I put there?

and the "acended anime" in black focuses all my attention on the text.
yes I could have blended it in, or make it a less active color... but it should be the most important part of the banner don't u think? It's the name of the site, but if u have suggestions I'd be happy to hear it, also what do you think of the font? Should I pick another? or is this one "ok"

also are u going to put the whole site within a table so that the edges arent right against the side of the browser?
well, I was asked to make a template, to be very honest, I still need to learn html php etc, I wish to learn it some time tough, so I can make complete sites, but the guy wich I made this for said he was good with html/flah/php (I honestly don't know wich one :p) so I guess this should turn out ok

overall gj keep working :)
thx again :)

also are u going to make a news system under the join forum portion so the ppl have somewhere to post?
yes that's the idea, I need to add one more navigation bar for anime info, news section and on the bottem the affiliates, atleast that is what I planned

:yes: for your reply

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i cant do it any better, i cant even make it as good as you, keep it up man, it looks great! thumbs up for you! :yes: :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its very nice, but the bars, could use some more shaping, make it abit more intersting.
still, gj

Best answers
How did you make that? What program, because that's really good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the banner needs to blend into the rest of the page better just looks like u stuck a picture up there and just sort of tryed to get matching colors

Best answers
I like it the way it is. :yes:

The banner looks awsome and you chose
really good colors. I give it a 9/10. :)

-1 because im jelous. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id say the blurs on the navigation bars are a huge mistake. the color scheme is alright and the header is very nicely done. the links are nicely done, text is alright, my advice is just work on the navigation bars. the one on the left should be a bit less wide, and lose the blurs.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thx for all your help! I now have now working on an updated version with pretty much all of your ideas/crits in it, :yes: thx all!

grtz Naz

Best answers
ok with the update some more suggestions:

-acended anime u fixed thats good though for some reason the A in Anime is jagy.

-the font is good

-Good thought adding the affiliate bar but it doesnt work there so well. attention gets shifted off the menu items when i see these very graphical buttons and makes the page look very busy (crowded). does he plan to have lots of affiliates? a really cool thing is an scrolling affiliate bar but sinse hes the one coding mabey u could just leave some room if u dont want the affiliates where they are now. Also because of the fact they kinda look forcefully wedged in there next to the menu. Like you said in ur reply also i thouht u wanted it on the bottom :)

-the anime list shouldnt be there. the news section needs to occupy that space that list is taking up otherwise there aint much room at all. the anime list may need to be extended kind "off" the page to the right. im not quite sure on it though because it takes up a LOT of space. (a sub menu perhaps?)

-i like how it looks, but i just realized what is the point of having a huge link for the forum? it also is really big, but if he wants ppl to go to the forum def leave it cause u really can see it. so i say leave it lol

- Well for that extra space that was in the menu u could have chopped off so that there is even more room for the news section cause its really annoying to code a news script or anything with only a little bit of space so the more the merrier.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it a lot, the colours are really calm to me ^^
The news column and ascended forum column dont line up though. :x

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
much much better. if u actually dicde to make this a site its ganna be a ****load of work with all those links

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, but you shouldn't have that horizontal navigation bar. One or the other is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom