Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

yea, I never do this.. so I dunno.. it still needs to be coded and all..

so how do you all like it?

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funky! Nothing that really stands out as bad to me! Nice ^.^

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanx both :D

now I just need to knowhow to code ><

Best answers
it looks really nice though i think you should take away the dbz images from it they totally take away from the "pro-ness" heh
but besides that it looks very nice

Best answers
It is very nice,wish i could bring my drawing skills to the keyboard and create something like that..

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you're going for a professional look, than the anime images don't go too well with it, but something that stands out more is using your internet alias. That is a no-no for portfolios.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well.... I'm not a proffesional.. and Í don't think I'm going for thhe pro look, however, what I make is mostly images with anime chars in it, allthough I can make other things, I find that most enjoyable to do, I dunno how it will look when the anime chars aren't in... I doubt it will look "better" I'll try that though...

and yea.. it's my first layout, I won't even be able to make it as good as the pro's .. simply because I;m not good enough for that, but thanx for the comments

grtz Naz

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok sorry for double post, but I updated it again :
-thinner borders
-header is different
-Navi is different
-and changed some things on the bg

edit: sorry hsu :idea: but it wouldn't be bumped that way since it was on page 2

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Hsu points to the edit button.

Anyway that is damn good and I mean damn and I really mead GOOD.

Best answers
I think you could get away with using your internet alias as along as your real name floats around on there somewhere. Anyway, I think you did quite well. The colors and theme seem consistent and thought out, and I like the relative simplicity. I agree with Taco on the anime stuff. If you have some original work, use that instead of DBZ stock images. You have some very interesting rendered shapes, why not use those instead? I think it would work better for a portfolio site. I personally don't like text effects on headlines, but part of my design education is behind that. There's really nothing wrong with the blur effects on "navigation" and "affiliates" It's just not to my taste. Good job overall though. I'd like to see how it turns out with the content in place.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I added some sort of mascotte/logo

please don't c it as stealing from spin, I'm actually working for him now so I needed that anyway (for my av) + that they don't look alike other then but are pixelart from saiyans, but sill.. anyways... why not put it on my site?

Question is though, how does it look there?

any answer 'll be appreciated

grtz Naz

Best answers
w0w werry nice :yes: :yes: But the Trunks head loocks a bit like REDSAYINS head... (no offence) but the rest i GRT!!!!! NICE JOB!! :yes: :yes: (I like ):fight:

///zion

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very Nice.

Good job m8!

I am sorry for my long reply but I was just un-banned hehe.

Anyways I'd love to see your site when its done. Just one crit, the top Gohan is sorta lot quality. Not the Mascot.

Otherwise very nice!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I don't like the mascot thingy. Doesn't suit the picture types of the other images imo. Still a real good website, I would be very happy with it =]

Best answers
I find that quite cool, nice fluidity..

The only problem that I found was that trunks, it just doesnt fit the site..

Also, if you use anime, use anime no one has really heard of, its nice to have variety instead of *all* dbz :)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
don't c that as something that makes the artwork less..

and I'm a dbz fan, I could use some anime I've never seen but that wouldn't really make it realistic since a lot of my art has dbz in it and none "the other anime"

I made a new site anyways.. something I'm sonstantly doing btw testing a lot..

it's in my sig for who's curious, and suited for my own reso 1280, dunno how it looks on others

grtz Naz

Best answers
Well I've been doing websites and design for companies..if you wouldn't mind some tips??

Alright, I may sound like a lecture, but when I saw your portfolio, I was astounded, your very talented. You say your website is based off your own resolution right -- but the reason for your portfolio is to show off your art and receive good recognition and maybe contact you... The only problem is that alot of people still have lower ended video cards and cant enlarge their resolution up..

A quick solution? Add a splash page telling people of a recommended setting to view your website at, --or--, enlarge your text a little bit.

Also, I understand you have quite a bit of a "style" in your art and that is really good. I have no problems with dbz art in a DBZ art forum yknow? :p Just saying it's always a good thing to add some other anime in there as a little variety. :yes:

I have seen alot of your art and like it alot, keep it up. I've done this crap for years, and love to give critiques.. Everyone has a talent, its just a matter of motivation. Hopefully if everything goes well with my installations and I have time to create some new images (my computer crashed and had to do a clean wipe), I'll post and you can critique..

Anyhow, keep up the good work :) :)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow thanks

well to be honest, I would make a splash and all..but I'm just a total newb when it comes to flash or html.. the portfolio site I have now (wich is my second site and I don't find it too original, still learning) is seriously pretty much all I can do with flash. I can make a splash with photoshop but I have no clue how to link it to my site... But I've only done flash for 5 days now lol, photoshop 9 monhs now...

I'm still busy with putting my site into flash.. uploading my sigs and banners and splashes I made for site companies friends (foe's?) , and I'll probally make a new one in a week or so.. :)

thanks for the comments and compliments, appreciated, good luck with ur art too

grtz Naz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom