Singeplayer?

Best answers
Hi im a long time esf player not a very long time forums member of any game last time i was a part of a forum was about around 2004 or so i can't recall the exact date but i know it was early 2000's anyway enough bio i was thinking after watching the video on the main page of the esf website about nameks destruction i was thinking could a singleplayer story mode be made for this following the original dragon ball Z storyline following accounts starting from radditz all the way to the majin buu saga and use 3d animation for cut scenes of like say example where piccolo shoots the special beam cannon both through radditz and goku and so on and so forth i would suggest ripping both audio and video from the original show but you could get sued for that and this idea im not entirely sure about because of how it would draw more attention to esf and less from the games of the original makers of dbz and they would get upset by the use of the storyline so if that would be an issue in the teams eyes could it atleast be done to re-create everyones favorite battles? like when goku first transformed and such considering most of the content in the game is already complete say characters animation and audio all that would really remain is some programming, new maps some new audio and i think thats it anyway thats my suggestion thank you for reading and paying attention!

Forgive me for my crappy spelling its not my major skill :p although if it isn't im not sure what is lol

-Staffcarguy

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So storyline. No single player. But we will have bots. That simple.

The effects are nothing more than that effects that can be used in maps. And namek end is a map.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Singleplayer is a lot of pointless work. I think weve played enough Budokais to know its the same crap over and over.

However a great bot editor is all that is needed. One where we can fully setup the bot:

Class, Name, PL, Transformation state, Personality, Target certain Players/Target All Players etc etc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it will be cool if you have something like singleplayer though couse think of it
it's going to be cool! BUT! it will take more than 2-3 years of making that if you ask me (this is a suggestion )

Best answers
(What we want is not the story in itself, it's the chance to actually play the battles like they were fought, - budokai is **** mostly cause of its lame fighting system, that is where ESF is about the best mod on the internet)

It is actually more or less a possability isn't it? I am sadly not very familiar with how the HL bot engine works BUT, - Say you made some "Custom made maps" where the bots included and their settings had already been planned, so for example, it would only be possible to choose

Team good: Piccolo, Goku
Team Evil: Radditz

The map: well, you did that before,
the Bots: It would be pretty cool if you could lock their powerlevels, it is very unlikely that Goku were at 800,000 Power when he met radditz, so make their powers fit a biiit better, and lock them at that,

This needs NO single player, all it needs is some easy made customization,

Ending question: IS it, or is it not possible to make maps that are pre-customized? with certain bots, at certain PL and with certain attacks etc. ? Or would you have to input the bots and such yourself? :]

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To anwser your map question.

No its not possible unless you do coding for that.

Currently ESF has no monster entity for maps so you cant put enemies into the maps. You can just add a bot from ingame. As for the PL youd need an AMXX pluggin for that or mess round with character stats in the XML files of 1.3 but that still wouldnt allow you to freeze your PL at a certain number.

Basically youd have to code your own gamemode for that to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom