Sims 2.....18+? *sighs*

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
No matter how well Maxis could defend themselves I can't help thinking that all Thompson has to do is point to the blatant nudity and implied sex, tame as they are, to jump up the Sims' rating ><;
All EA would have to do is bring in nude Barbie and Ken dolls and ask Jack Thompson if he thinks that Barbies need an 18+ rating too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
All EA would have to do is bring in nude Barbie and Ken dolls and ask Jack Thompson if he thinks that Barbies need an 18+ rating too.
Knowing him, he'd say yes. =/

Best answers
lol,,,,this is ridiculous. The guy is obviously an obsessed crusader.

And if games like the Sims or GTA inspire people to commit crimes,,,,they were waaayyy screwed up in the head long before they picked up the controller anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sicron said:
whats next...pokemon getting 17+ rating for intense violence
Animal cruelty, potential hints at bestiality (pokémon has numerous references to being close with your pokémon), etc, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teh Primeness said:
Pride, from what I've read/come to understand, SA has been pulled off of all retail shelves, while R* removes the 'Hot Coffee' code and redistributes the game.

But as for his claims about 'The Sims', I really hope this goes to court. My reason being, so that the judge can laugh at him, and throw his case in the garbage where it belongs.
Yeah well...my used copy of San Andreas is damaged anyway. But yeah...attacking the Sims is like holding a baby at gunpoint...it's just freaking unnecessary.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It disturbs me that he's going after SIMS 2 of all games. Heck, The Playboy game has partial nudity and VISIBLE SEX, no blurs or anything, and it's M rated. EA's game Sims 2 doesn't show male OR female genitalia or any other non-kid-friendly features under the blur, and then, there's the blur.

I mean, if a kid is playing, and this is offensive, then the only reason why he or she wouldn't have the blur is if they went LOOKING for a cheat that disables it.

And as for pedophiles, his actions are just rediculously stupid. I mean, chances are, the pedophile in question is OVER 18 YEARS OLD. Turning the game AO isn't going to change anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CM said:
It disturbs me that he's going after SIMS 2 of all games. Heck, The Playboy game has partial nudity and VISIBLE SEX, no blurs or anything, and it's M rated. EA's game Sims 2 doesn't show male OR female genitalia or any other non-kid-friendly features under the blur, and then, there's the blur.

I mean, if a kid is playing, and this is offensive, then the only reason why he or she wouldn't have the blur is if they went LOOKING for a cheat that disables it.

And as for pedophiles, his actions are just rediculously stupid. I mean, chances are, the pedophile in question is OVER 18 YEARS OLD. Turning the game AO isn't going to change anything.
He's using his next offensive as a way to gain favor and support from parents who support his ludicrous claims and ideas, and through them, allows politics to gain control over the ESRB and ultimately, the gaming industry, which will result in a major collapse of the industry the world over.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 16 and I've seen more titties and vaginas then my dad and his dad combined. This is ridiculous, they blame games on our generations degeneracy. It has nothing to do with that, we suck cause they banned using the cane. Bring'er back boys.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 16 and I've seen more titties and vaginas then my dad and his dad combined. This is ridiculous, they blame games on our generations degeneracy. It has nothing to do with that, we suck cause they banned using the cane. Bring'er back boys.
quoted for truth...kinda anyway

yeah theyre blaming the games, well i think anyway, cause they dont wanna blame themselves which incidentally it is basically the parents and the corrupt people in this world's fault for all of this.

you guys ever seen bowling for columbine (im sure you have) take notice that EVERYONE blames someone else like they have no say in the matter about theyre kids at all

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Knowing him, he'd say yes. =/

Actually, you're not too far off the mark. His logic states that since their IS a blur, that implies that what's under the blur is not suitable for viewing, be it full-frontal nudity or a "Ken & Barbie" doll.

His own words...

"The sex and the nudity are in the game. That's the point. The blur is an admission that even the 'Ken and Barbie' features should not be displayed."

Of course everyone with half a brain knows the blur is there mostly to give the illusion of nudity, in other words, to cover up the fact that there is no real nudity. It's also probably there to hide things that would look stupid without it, like say, when your Sim takes a crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
owa said:
I'm 16 and I've seen more titties and vaginas then my dad and his dad combined.
So, what which anime were you watching? (Rofl)

I think M should say it all. M = Mature, and Mom's should have the discression (however it is spelled) to moderate what the kid sees and doesn't see.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'd quote Prides' post but it's just too damned big - so I'll just say I agree 100%.

In spite of my own personal feelings about the game.. it is one of the most popular series' on the planet. Ol' Jack probably figures that if he can make it stick with a game already owned by so many people under 18 then he really can take ESRBs' job of deciding who can play what.

I'd like to think that this sorta thing will just blow over.. but.. with the way the world's looking at the moment we're probably more likely to see scapegoats now than we ever were before. Fear breeds Right-Wing views and that is the wave Jack Thompson rides upon.

Best answers
Well duh, EA is a ****ing horrible company IMHO. Buy everything, make it worse. Their motto.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half-Unit said:
"The sex and the nudity are in the game. That's the point. The blur is an admission that even the 'Ken and Barbie' features should not be displayed."

Of course everyone with half a brain knows the blur is there mostly to give the illusion of nudity, in other words, to cover up the fact that there is no real nudity. It's also probably there to hide things that would look stupid without it, like say, when your Sim takes a crap.

Yes, he was becomming desperate when he critisized blur for indicating nudity. That is like saying "ZOMG WEARING CLOTHES IS JUST THERE TO HIDE WHAT IS REALLY NUDITY , CLOTHING IS INNAPROPIATE ;( "

This guy has a pretty big ego, but I think he will stop this lil crusade after (i am assuming) his credibility regarding the 'sims 2' accusation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom