Sims 2.....18+? *sighs*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well after GTA Sa was changed into 18+, one of the guys that changed this is now going after the sims 2, because of their pixel "blur", he says that this can be undone by some cheats or mods that people make

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2/news_6129609.html

Now....isnt this getting a bit rediculous? I mean...soon they will need to change every game to 18+ because skins and models can be changed in like every game...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That Probarly means that people come after ESF then when 1.3 is released there might be slim chance that A18 Nude Skin show up :p
j/k
--

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah and then that dude comes again and says

"ZOMG A HALF LIFE 1 MOD USES A NUDE SKIN, HALF LIFE 1 WILL NOW BE 18+!!! ZOMFGAH"

i can really see those kind of things happening >.>

Best answers
It really seems to be getting out of hand now i mean this is crazy. The sims an 18+ game ha ha ha.

Best answers
Jack Thompson is an idiot in my opinion. He only is going after The Sims 2 because he believes that it is pedophile paradise when in reality if the blur is removed all you would see is what someone called "barbie and ken doll effect". Meaning, nothing under the clothes is detailed at all or even molded on (private parts).

Also he has been doing this crap for years; he should be firing at the parents more than at the game developers, since that is what he wants everyone to believe that it is the game developers fault. When the true fault lies with the parents not controlling their kids.

Besides, this all started due to a lot of things that happened in which people blamed the game rather than the person. If a person made the decision then it is their decision that should be accountable instead of a game.

"Next thing on the news will be about a kid who jumped on a turtle trying to get a coin to pop out of it's ass. He went around looking for mushrooms and special flowers which he claimed gave him special abilities."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about you stop complaining because your too young to buy a game?

just grow up, and realise its not that big a deal, and that ultimately, its for your protection. they arent just doing it to be *******s.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That has to be a joke, or just a really biased article. It villifies him thoroughly to the point of becoming comical. If he really did say things like that pedophiles would rehearse through the Sims, he's just costing himself credibility. Let people like this rant and flail about... just give them room. Eventually they'll flail spasmodically into a wall and knock themselves unconscious to buy time for the game developers to take action.

Best answers
He might be costing himself credibility, though he has the full support of parents. And so far a lot of parents are for what his goals are with gaming. Besides, he already messed up Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas among many others in his past, so there is no saying what else is going to happen.

Movies and music are suffering the same fate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you ever wonder WHY they have the support of parents?

its because they are right, and in general, have better moralistic values than anyone under 18 nowadays.

kids these days are too violent and bad mouthed for their own good. its about time someone decided to shape them up.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, seeing as people in Sims 2 are "barbie dolls" this is just insanely stupid. You can only get real nekked people by using mods which alter the original mesh (basically, they replace the nude model) or nude skins (that REPLACE THE ORIGINAL SKINS).

So... these people are really, really stupid.

Best answers
Alright, I personally, am 16, and I am the complete opposite of violent, and you think games are the main reason why kids are like this? Come down to Florida and go to my school. A good majority of the males in my school never played a video game before; they are out smoking, drinking, doing illegal things. Not because of a video game.

And to say that parents know better is completely idiotic, nobody is better than anyone, nobody knows more than anyone and parents are not as great as you make them sound. You know where most of this violence comes from? They even did a study on this; It comes from the very place which they spend most of their time and that is... their home.

Best answers
Because people like Thompson go off on tangents trying to convince the public that games like The Sims 2 are a paedophiles heaven?
As I've said before, I'm 18. I used to get 18+ games before I should have been allowed to play them. It shouldn't matter to me right? It would be some what naive to believe it's so simple. I'm not too worried yet, but if this kind of thing persists, with more and more games getting put under the microscope in an attempt to get their age rating jacked up then developers and publishers are going to be less and less willing to go out on a limb and make these more adult orientated games. You see, this could easily spiral out of control and affect you and me as much as the younger generation of gamers.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
kids these days are too violent and bad mouthed for their own good. its about time someone decided to shape them up.
tell me, whats so violent about the sims? i mean...the most violent thing that happens in the sims 2 is a rough fighting which is covered by clouds..., making kids...is covered by sheets (or whatever they call the stuff on a bed in english >.>) everything nude is covered by pixel blur...so everything is perfectly covered and censored.

Now they start whining because people make mods that undo this all, and who gets the blame? the game..

Best answers
-JLN- said:
Because people like Thompson go off on tangents trying to convince the public that games like The Sims 2 are a paedophiles heaven?
As I've said before, I'm 18. I used to get 18+ games before I should have been allowed to play them. It shouldn't matter to me right? It would be some what naive to believe it's so simple. I'm not too worried yet, but if this kind of thing persists, with more and more games getting put under the microscope in an attempt to get their age rating jacked up then developers and publishers are going to be less and less willing to go out on a limb and make these more adult orientated games. You see, this could easily spiral out of control and affect you and me as much as the younger generation of gamers.
I agree with you, im 19 so really it shouldnt bother me about more and more games getting an 18+ rating BUT how many people over the age of 18 are going to buy the sims (example) my answer is not as many as under 18's. This might make developers tone down most games so they do not get put into that 18+ Bracket.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
how about you stop complaining because your too young to buy a game?

just grow up, and realise its not that big a deal, and that ultimately, its for your protection. they arent just doing it to be *******s.
I'm sorry Gir, but did you even read the article? He wants to ban the Sims 2, because he thinks that EA is hiding genitalia under the pixelated blurs. But EA argues that under the blurs are Ken and Barbie-esque features. Why would they be stupid enough to actually model graphic genitals? This one isn't about violence.

Jack Thompson is a ****, not some crusader fighting the good fight against video games.... BAN BARBIE AND KEN! Get real Jack.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

its because they are right, and in general, have better moralistic values than anyone under 18 nowadays.

kids these days are too violent and bad mouthed for their own good. its about time someone decided to shape them up
well if this is what theyre resorting to this is probably the worst way to go about it, teenagers tend to defy their parents and the law so you go about this way then they just go about ways, um, less legal to get what they want

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL when i think that my friends little sister plays Sims 2. I mean wtf, he'll even ban Mario cuz there is a rumor that when you complete the game you can see the princess naked XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This has to stop.... -.-

I like how parents support him.....they think they can hide everything to raise their kids to be innocent little things! ^_^

Nowdays teens are starting to become more smarter than the parents. So the parents aren't always right. >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Galst Vic said:
Nowdays teens are starting to become more smarter than the parents. So the parents aren't always right. >_>

that once sentance just proved your wrong.

also, i think a lot of people are confusing intelligence with world experiance. how many of you so called "intelligent teens" can claim to have as much experiance in life as your parents? at the end of the day, they ARE just trying to protect you.

and as i said, for the most part your just whining because your not old enough to buy a game. deal with it.

opti, your right i didnt read the artical. i was just responding to what ive read here.

Best answers
You can not say someone has more life experience than anyone since everyone lives life differently. Besides, you should elaborate more instead of saying "world experience" since there are tons and tons of things that could mean that. I have more "world experience" in Martial Arts than my parents, my dad has more "world experience" in computer games than I do. Ecetera.

And yes, it is true that kids are becoming smarter than parents. Especially most of the things we learn in school now are very difficult for our parents. So it still stands: Nobody is better than anyone; no one has more experience than the other.

Also who said I am not old enough to buy a game? I have money, I work for it, I go to a store and buy one. I bought the Half-Life Collectors Edition without being asked for I.D. since Half-Life is rated M. And also it is not only people my age that are angered at this situation, it pretty much is the whole gaming community since what this guy is doing is trying to destroy the gaming community for everyone, not kids.

You noticed when he went after The Sims 2, it was about the fear of pedophiles? I do not know about you, though I know for a fact just about every pedophile is an adult. Just something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom