Simplest, Best way to stop Beam Spamming

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its very simple really,

when you shoot a beam, you cannot shoot another of the same beam until the one you shot before completely explodes (And implodes)

This would work for all signature moves but not Generic/kiblast

Or Piccolo's Scatter Shot

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spamming can't not be stopped, only surpressed. Kinda like Herpes.

Best answers
umm the best way to stop beam spamming is to make it like real dbz

have alot of enegry but hard to recharge. Melee and flying whould take very very little enegry but a FULL kamehameha will take about 1/2 of your enegry bar. (and technicaly ssj3 whould depleat your enegry about 2x as fast as just sitting in the sky in 1.2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Herms said:

have alot of enegry but hard to recharge. Melee and flying whould take very very little enegry but a FULL kamehameha will take about 1/2 of your enegry bar. (and technicaly ssj3 whould depleat your enegry about 2x as fast as just sitting in the sky in 1.2)
I dont understand why it isnt like this aleady. They could fight and fly for long periods of time w/o stopping to catch their breath, but a full blast could drain them almost completely.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
I dont understand why it isnt like this aleady. They could fight and fly for long periods of time w/o stopping to catch their breath, but a full blast could drain them almost completely.
exactly.. i agree with herms also.. i actually suggested this a long time ago and a lot of people voted and agreed with me >_>

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=44664

Best answers
@Hermes & ImKongKong : Yup. It makes sense for soo many reasons, and i have yet to hear a good reason against it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm confused what the suggestion is. A kamehameha fully charged in the air is more than 1/2 the ki charged. Why not juat have beams take longer to charge when transformed? The minimum could probably take down about 70% of soemone's health dead on and fully charged "(like 7 seconds or so), it could probably do a lot more damage. This makes sense because concentrating on staying in the form is long enough, gathering energy for an attack must be even more difficult, like when goku didnt go ssj3 to push the spirit bomb back.

Best answers
Herms said:

Good idea Herms.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like this idea. And it totally makes perfect sense. In the show they could fly and fight for as long as they wanted it seemed but as soon as they had to charge a huge beam and fire it they'd have to stop and recharge. Good example is Vegeta doing Final Flash or Tien's Tri Beam Cannon. Im all for this idea!

10/10!

Best answers
Herms said:

I also agree it should be this way.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill asume that the energy bar you mean the ki bar.

In normal form a fulkly charged kame takes about 3/5 of your ki bar.

And about SSJ draining ki

Shure make it drain ki but when you reach perfect it stops to drain (true to the show) Cell saga

Best answers
Actually the simplest way to stop beam spamming is to remove the beams altogether... 0.o...

However I much prefer the idea that Herms suggested.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shuyin said:
@Hermes & ImKongKong : Yup. It makes sense for soo many reasons, and i have yet to hear a good reason against it.
Well.. the whole basic thing really is kind of another strategy and skill factor. You have to manage your energy and how much you have and how much is good to use at certain times.

If it wasn't like that, people would just swoop around for 10 minutes at a time, and if you've ever seen two skilled players fight, its mostly just evading each other and most hits are landed when the other person needs to stop to recharge.

It's just another skilled part of the game to master. Why simplify a game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XD
i kind of like imkongkong's idea, joe, your idea doesnt make sense to me, seeing as how you can only shoot one beam after another in-game already....but imkongkong's idea sounds good O: only way to stop beamspamming is to become an admin of the server XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've suggested the same thing (Herms') before too. In the show they couldn't regen all their energy in 3 seconds, in fact the one time that ever happened (iirc) was when SSJ3 Goku was fighting Kid Buu and Vegeta tagged him out so he could recharge for a minute to get back some energy energy, so yeah, 10/10 for 'dat. If recharge is kept in then it should be much much less effective than it is now, but natural ki regen would be twice as fast.

Joe, your idea really wouldn't change anything, it would just mean you can't fire a big attack after you fire a big attack, but here's the kicker, beamspammers don't do that anyway. They recharge. So you'd be stopping them from firing beams in the time they don't fire beams anyway :p

Best answers
Kama said:
Well.. the whole basic thing really is kind of another strategy and skill factor. You have to manage your energy and how much you have and how much is good to use at certain times.

If it wasn't like that, people would just swoop around for 10 minutes at a time, and if you've ever seen two skilled players fight, its mostly just evading each other and most hits are landed when the other person needs to stop to recharge.

It's a good point. But in my idea i had also included recharge times being increased along with the ki pool. Personally i see that more skillful because once you run out of energy you won't be able to tele-recharge-tele-recharge.
You'll eventually have to fight on the ground gaining a small amount of energy, untill your opponent runs out of energy, and that's when you recharge. The one who can use the least ki would win. (as it is now)

Ki needed for a full out melee fight before needing to recharge should last double the time it does now.
Time to recharge doubled to 6 seconds. (currently 3 seconds)

+ more chance of beams actually being useful.
+ more chance of people actually needing to block beams and not evade all the time.
+ beams would not be spammed so randomly because running out of ki will hurt them in the long run.
+ harder and more crucial to manage your ki.
+ killing your opponent gives you a good chance to recover ki.

Inevitably, 1.3 will be giving bigger Ki pools, so the battles will get longer anyway. Part of this suggestion is just to help stop the game going exactly how you said :

"If it wasn't like that, people would just swoop around for 10 minutes at a time, if you've ever seen two skilled players fight, its mostly just evading each other and most hits are landed when the other person needs to stop to recharge."

Which is kind of how it will be if the recharge times arent upped along with the transformatons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:

basically what we're suggesting is more close to the show imo. they would go after one another until they were tired. they never had to recharge their energy, the only reason they powered up was to become stronger (thus i suggested powering up would raise your PL to your PL ceiling in the suggestion). energy in the show wasn't infinite, something you could always call upon. in the show using a blast would take up a lot of their energy. such as goku vs kid buu when goku shot the kamehameha at him. thus there is still energy conservation needed with this gameplay

esf's gameplay relies basically on who can manage ki better. this system is basically you're given ki that you can recharge at will, the one who is left without any ki left would eat the dust. as gameplay, i don't see any problems with this system (such as if it wasn't dbz related). but since it is a mod based on dbz, i'd like it to be as close to the show as possible without spoiling it too much, such as unbalancing, etc. the flaws i see with this system are:

1. it isn't very DBZ like. they never had infinite ki they could call upon, or never recharged their energy in the middle of the fight. the reason they powered up (take note of the word powered up) was to increase their power or strength
2. beams are spammed left and right and people get annoyed with this. the system we are suggesting rids of this problem.
3. powering up seems like recharging, or getting fuel back. powering up should be like what it says, powering up, becoming stronger.

this way of playing, managing ki, is a good system. but personally i'd like to see a more dbz system integrated into the game. not to make it 'easier' but to make it more 'dbz-like'. faster fights (no stopping to recharge), longer strides of going at each other, worrying more about how to attack than manage ki, and beam spamming cut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom