Simplest, Best way to stop Beam Spamming

Best answers
Kama said:
Well.. the whole basic thing really is kind of another strategy and skill factor. You have to manage your energy and how much you have and how much is good to use at certain times.

If it wasn't like that, people would just swoop around for 10 minutes at a time, and if you've ever seen two skilled players fight, its mostly just evading each other and most hits are landed when the other person needs to stop to recharge.

It's just another skilled part of the game to master. Why simplify a game?
What's wrong with making the game easy? I mean all my friends who just started and suck at the game, complain about how you run out of ki with about three dashes, if your going to make it not simple, then make it atleast five dashes before you run out of energy. I mean, i'm a skilled player, but when I verse another skilled player, its boring because we never hit each other cause were too busy teleporting and recharging.

Best answers
Kama said:
Well.. the whole basic thing really is kind of another strategy and skill factor. You have to manage your energy and how much you have and how much is good to use at certain times.

If it wasn't like that, people would just swoop around for 10 minutes at a time, and if you've ever seen two skilled players fight, its mostly just evading each other and most hits are landed when the other person needs to stop to recharge.

It's just another skilled part of the game to master. Why simplify a game?

now its my turn to trash you ^_^

if you can swoop for 10 minutes that fine (a perfect example is pan at the age of 4 could fly arround the world an wasnt out of breath + the fact videl had a pl of about 150ish and she could fly with gohan and kibeto no prob (oh befour you say against that last thing she could fly with them just couldnt fly as fast as them))

but it still whould requrie skill because you have to manage when to use beams.
also this might solve some of the ki blob problem

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A couple of things to note. Firstly, I haven't read through the entire thread, so I wont comment on the opinions or ideas of others. To the best of my knowledge, as transformations increase in 1.3, some attacks are going to be replaced with 'bigger' ones that consume more ki, such as kamehameha to chou-kamehameha. I could be wrong, but I doubt it as otherwise characters would be able to cast tens of these attacks without losing energy. I also am not sure what happened to the stamina system that was floating around, but at one point I suggested that firing a beam should leave you 'exausted' for a relatively short period where further attacks would consume more energy than normal. This would at least impose a pause between attacks that would slow things down, but I don't know if they're even considering it. One way or the other, I'm sure the team will come up with something.

Best answers
Herms said:
umm the best way to stop beam spamming is to make it like real dbz

have alot of enegry but hard to recharge. Melee and flying whould take very very little enegry but a FULL kamehameha will take about 1/2 of your enegry bar. (and technicaly ssj3 whould depleat your enegry about 2x as fast as just sitting in the sky in 1.2)
this is basicly the thing we are talking about now its winning like 15 to 1

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not complaining at all...its just that all these people complain, and it makes me annoyed...so i wanted to have a solution to stop people from complaining

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
...at one point I suggested that firing a beam should leave you 'exausted' for a relatively short period where further attacks would consume more energy than normal. This would at least impose a pause between attacks that would slow things down...
I really like that idea. I hope they'll consider it. :yes:

Best answers
Going further into that idea, how about you have some sort of stamina (like melee?). A fully charged beam will either deplete it all or leave you with only a little left. This "stamina" should charge at a frequent rate but once it's depleted, all big beams and balls (excluding spirit bomb) will be disabled for a certain time. This would mean the following:

- You cannot fire two fully charged beams right after eachother.
- You cannot spam not_so_fully_charged beams (maybe 2/3 before your stamina is drained)
- This does not go for generic beams (seeing as they are used pretty often and it might hamper gameplay)

Optional: if the stamina is depleted, you are not able to move for a few seconds (leaving you completely vulernable, making you think twice before shooting another one).

Being ssj3 could also drain this kind of stamina (which wouldn't charge back up) giving you the 'temporary power' feel. Of course the perma-trans characters would be at a huge advantage because of that. This could be compensated by having a very low recharge rate, making them nearly unable to use a big beam (like 1 attack per 2 minutes or something)

Of course this whole thing could also be annoying during matches or something so you could always turn it into a serverside setting. Either way, this would probably reduce spamming drastically, but I'm not sure if it would affect/slow down gameplay that much more (tho I always thought that more melee = a good thing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom