Simple Tech (WP)

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Critz; none.

Comments; thats fkin awesome! :shocked:

EDIT: Actually I do have a crit, your cutting could be a little better in places.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats real sick dude, gj

one beef i have is the title :fight:

also i believe the wavy grid thing done in 3dsm (i assume) should maybe be faded out completely before it reaches the edge of the wp (if that makes ne sense)

but overall great job

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very awsome but it seems alittle plain on the bottom right side. But I do like it very much. One thing I really like is the glow on her wings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are those tech brushes from wurklash's deviantart page? they look familar
anyways...it looks awesome, the wireframe, color, and everything is cool

Best answers
its good but i dont know man im not feeling the picture of that chick.. i dont know maybe its just me but i dont think she belongs there

Best answers
I don't understand the application of either the graphic elements or the small text. Neither seem to fit in any sense with the image or the tone of the piece. The font is really bizarre as well, like something that was intended for another purpose altogether. The composition is a little weak I think as well, it looks like it's trying to be centered (which is not necessarily a good choice) but it's not quite there. Sort of like all the elements were just dropped on the page. I think you need to find something to say with the wallpaper and then just apply all the imagery to that idea.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first off its a freaking wallpaper i dont understand why people look for some higher meaning then whats there. the chick isnt in the center because that would make the right side to heavey so i tried to center it out with the wireframe and her both being but not over burdening one side. and thats the thing about graphics it doesnt have to make sense. i just happen to like the way it looked with wire frame coming off of her. i dont make a wallpaper for some divine purpose or for art, i make it because i get tired of my previous one and want something different to look at.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
first off its a freaking wallpaper i dont understand why people look for some higher meaning then whats there. the chick isnt in the center because that would make the right side to heavey so i tried to center it out with the wireframe and her both being but not over burdening one side. and thats the thing about graphics it doesnt have to make sense. i just happen to like the way it looked with wire frame coming off of her. i dont make a wallpaper for some divine purpose or for art, i make it because i get tired of my previous one and want something different to look at.
dun listen to domino, the wp is t3h cool

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
first off its a freaking wallpaper i dont understand why people look for some higher meaning then whats there.
amen.

its true that not all art should be based on an emotion or tought, there is also the type of art that is nice to look at, and there should be.

Best answers
Yes there IS art that is just based off aesthetics, but by adding text and graphic elements you are giving it meaning. In this case, a meaning that makes no sense with what you have put together. I'm not saying that the wallpaper has to be a doctoral thesis. I'm talking about simple visual association. What does technology have to do with a stock anime school girl with wings? Where in that image do you see hard lines and rectilinear shapes? I don't particularly like the grid form, but it curves so at the very least cosmetically it makes sense. Arrows, window icons, and tiny unreadable type don't make sense. Neither does the ridiculously over techified font. I'm just talking about simple logic.

And even if I ignored that, the composition is odd. It does not look like you did it on purpose, it looks accidental. Read up on the Rule of Thirds, that will give you a place to start.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok i will explain in detail what the whole thing means.

simple tech is the title because it was simple to do and it looks techy. the windows min,max, and close add to the tech saying "hey its computerized" the grid is also adding a tech aspect to it, because when i think of grids i think of plotting points within a 3d space such as in 3dsmax. now i could make some crap up about the angel school saying "oh well the wings are coming out of the backpack clearly they are robotic" but ya know what they arnt i like the pick. i dont follow any rules of art, i follow what my eyes tell me to do. i liked the placement, i liked the color, and in your own words "ridiculously over techified font", i dont need simple logic, i use my own logic.

everythign about the wallpaper says tech except the character. the arrows if u look on your keyboard are actually "return" key symbols. one again teh character is there because i liked her. i could have put some mech bs there but i didnt because i didnt want to.

btw that small text is unreadable because it isnt even text. its so small to give the illusion of text our a read out. since when does anything have to make sense? why is a building called a building when it is already built? why are there over 10 FINAL fantasys? u dont know its just the way it is

Best answers
There are 10 final fantasies because final fantasy is the brand name. An odd decision to begin with, but for the purpose of brand identity they stuck with it. That is a logical conclusion.

Why do things have to make sense? Because that is what separates a creative decison from random pieces flowing in the wind. To have no purpose is the exact same as having chance guide your design instead of you. What separates art from stains on a wall? Purpose. Yes, everything on the wallpaper says tech except the character. The problem with that is the character takes up the most visual space and is the most prominent element. That's the confusion in the design. I'm not trying to argue finer points with you, this is the most basic of concepts.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
regardless, its a grat wp, not to busy, but not to plain..

he could have loaded the screen up with random tech sh*t, but then it wouldnt be an effective wp..

a wp is supposed to look good without really distracting you (i guess o_O)

Retired
Best answers
guys keep it clean, and really how can you criticise ones work that things don't really make sense. in an artist his mind, thing don't have to make sense. and to be honest, I really like this wallpaper. it's good to look at, whether things make sense or not is irrelevant.

good job 1m4.

Best answers
Things don't have to make sense in an artist's mind when that is the point. When you are trying to convey a sense of confusion or abstraction. Purpose is always relevant. If your work has no apparent purpose to anyone but yourself, then very rarely will it be fully appreciated by anyone but yourself. Which is fine, but then why put it in the public eye?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ill answer your question with a question.

why not put it in the public eye?

Best answers
I love it. It's brilliant :D And im not joking around when I say that

Best answers
Because if it has no purpose to anyone other than yourself than no one will take anything away from it. You will not be there to explain what everything is to everyone who is confounded by your choices. So they will see it as nothing more than a chance arrangement of unrelated materials. Maybe they won't even look at all considering the wash of similar imagery in the diluted desktop publishing world.

Simply, anyone can arrange dissimilar and random objects on a page. It takes creativity and skill to make that page say something. This is more so an issue when none of the source material is your own, so you have to do something with that material to make it your own.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino said:
Simply, anyone can arrange dissimilar and random objects on a page. It takes creativity and skill to make that page say something.
But 1m4 has already made it clear, that it was <i>not</i> his intention to make this piece say <i>anything</i>. He didn't like his old wallpaper, so he made a new one, there was no hidden agenda or ideological philosophy he's trying to scream at you with this piece, he just wanted to make something visually appealing, and in my opinion, he accomplished that.

Why look for hidden meaning in something when the author didn't intend there to be any.

It's beautiful 1m4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom