• Dragonball Z Budokai

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Socom: U.S. Navy Seals

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Change the thickness of edges"...? You don't change the thickness dude, edges are razor sharp. If they have a thickness then they're polygons/faces. If you're asking how to round off edges, a simple way of doing that is to use meshsmooth or turbosmooth. Those are a bit tricky though if you want to keep certain sharp points/edges.

Best answers
Ok maybe I didn't ask the question right. The lines on your model that showup when you turn wireframe on. I thought those were called edges. I know you can change it, or atleast make it look smoother or something, i've seen other people's pictures of their models with their interface showing and in a viewport, and it does not look the same as mine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooooh...Okay, I see what you're saying...Open the render options window, or simply press "F10". Now, select the tab at the top that says "Renderer". At the top under "Options" should be a check-box labeled "Force Wireframe". Check this box, and underneath should be an option called "Wire Thickness". Change the value to get the thickness you desire. I hope that does it :)

Best answers
Thanks, but that didn't really help. I don't mean when I render a model. I mean in the viewport when your working with it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not sure that's possible. Why do you need it in the viewport...? I guess you could use the lattice modifier and turn off the knobs or whatever they're called. Still, I don't see the point.

Best answers
I just think that it looks nicer. I dont like the look of the slightly thicker and less smoother lines.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
First. Model. Evar :eek:

Used Ben Mathis' 'Beginners' video tutorial, now i'm going to try and make some bedroom furniture for practice.
GO GO! RAVEN DUST!!.

from what i see you got potencial, dont waist it! : ]

Best answers

Panther model im working on while taking breaks from uv'ing weapons and vehicles.

Going for mid to high poly but I want to leave some stuff off so I can try and build up my texture skills. MG is a placeholder until I get clear pics of it, but it might do with a texture on it.

Still alot to do, but I love the detailing part XD

Edit: put some extra polys in the wheels to round them off abit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice mesh danny =) hehe i gues one of the only ones who are modeling vehicles and weapons here, you are. (lmao)

heres a wip of mine, still not finished.

could show more but i dont want.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres his neck? why are his ears so far back?

wheres the wirez?

Best answers
davidhalo said:
Last update for tonight. I know I put a lot of polys into the hands I may lower them.

Tri - 1910. Damn it I went over. After the hair I'll try and edit to at least keep it below
1900 at all times.

Shadow render + wires to show some depth. Fixed pants as requested. I can already
see places to slash polys..woahahahhahhaahhahahhah!!!!! >: D

Onward, to hair!
His pants still look a little big to me. Or I'm just weird.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotenks's pants where always that baggy, always been baggyier then any other Gi pants.

It's looking quite nice, continue on and then I might have a few crits.

Best answers
In Progress but I got the hair done weee.

Count 2250 - Time For Slashing!

Flats + 100% Self Illum

Wires -

Edit : Noticed a couple polys missing the hair, fixed.
Made hands thicker from side view.
Pants bigger..and random other stuff.

Next update will be with texture.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the fingers are too long, but that's just my opinion. Besides that, The boots seem a bit too pointy. Looking good. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidhalo said:
In Progress but I got the hair done weee.

Count 2250 - Time For Slashing!

Flats + 100% Self Illum

Wires -

Edit : Noticed a couple polys missing the hair, fixed.
Made hands thicker from side view.

His pants arent baggy enough.

Best answers

I think I'm going to put the skin on hold and work on something else. Not looking so
great so far so I might redo the uv.

Best answers
he dosent have a nose, and crit to the model, you got way 2 many polys everywhere. dont wanna be picky or anything, just wanna help out : ]

Best answers
It's all good. I know easily a hundred spots where I could lower the polycount but I couldnt be bothered. I might revisit it though and maybe redo it from editing the model and a new uv and so on so forth. All comments and crits help so don't worry about being picky, it's how I keep improving lol.

He does have a nose (it's the thing on his face that's shaded, I didn't give him a mouth lol ). When I redo the skin I'll make it more noticable, as for now, on to something different!

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
he dosent have a nose, and crit to the model, you got way 2 many polys everywhere. dont wanna be picky or anything, just wanna help out : ]
i think he did it just right.. i mean the polys used are placed right.. i can't see why he used to much..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom