Simple Melee

Best answers
well, who is the diference in ESF than other DBZ games?
You use the mouse

For that reason i love this tipe of combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=url2vju67Lw

But have 2 problems

1 In the midle of the fight its very hard to start,
some times you and the enemy are in the air,nobody going to be idle in the ground, and this happend some times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_W1QmIQEeQ

2 You only can do that when you start in the ground, if you start in the air hitting the enemy to the ground and next hitting to the air , you cant hit again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmoPY3kW1A

1 may the esf team can do when you hit an enemy, you going to be totaly quiet to can jump aligned whit your enemy

2 turn off the limit of hits and put more blow in one hit

Limit of Hits and Blow

well, i dont like the idea, of you can hit a enemy 2 times, and letter if you are near of your enemy you cant hit again

i think the game can have a butom or some thing like that, when you press that butom, you can turn your camera and your aim, but not your direction
to can hit an enemy in other direction

like this ( obviusly in the video i cant hit the enemy in other direcion, only turn the camera )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwvrIu9F9zM

why?.. continues reading

i think the blow can be increased in that form

what happend if you hit a ball , and you hit that ball again in the same direction?
the ball comes to have the double speed and blow

but... what happend if you hit the ball and hit again 90% to left?
The ball comes to have the same blow and speed

In esf can be like that..
you hit an enemy, if you hit again in the same direction the enemy comes to have the double speed and blow, if you hit again more blow and speed... in that form you drain your ki very fast whit few hits... may 3 maximun for your ki ( obviusly you only can be near of your oponent whit teleports)

if you hit in 45 degrees , the enemy comes to have only 50% of blow more

if you hit in 90 degrees the enemy comes to have the same blow and speed
in that form you can save ki and do may... 6 hits

I want to rembember , in the fight you cant decide in what direction you want hit your enemy (in the first hit), its only circumstantial and lucky

whit that system of turn your aim but not your direction, you can controlate the direction of the enemy blow..

For example you can hit the enemy in the air in horizontal the first hit
but the next, you can hit the enemy to the ground and do some thing like the first video

more complexe more combos , minus lucky

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
You do realize that that melee system is still the old one, right? The new v1.3 Melee System has not been implanted yet.

Best answers
I Know... but i prefer throw ideas than wait for the work of esf coders
in that form they dont need recoder that work.
Minus work for they ( obviusly if they like some sugestion of this forum )

Edit: and that is not a melee system, is a suggestion to implement in the melee system =)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Then again, I do like the limitation. I don't like the fact that someone can infinite hit someone over and over again until his or hers KI is drained. Either way, have you checked out the v1.3 melee PDF Files?

Best answers
yeah... i saw that

Advanced Melee *PDF*
Beta 1.3 Outline
Buddy Transformations *PDF*
Power struggles *PDF*
Stamina System *PDF*
Bodychange *PDF*

and i dont like the magical limit, where is the skilled in that? what is the diference in one people skilled than a noob in 2 hits very easy ?

i prefer whitout limit whit my system or other, may until out of ki may be becouse you cant fly so far, or ''magical limit'' , but in this case... have more variety nad diference in the experience whit the mouse ki and more

Edit: obviusly my suggestion if someone are interested need more elaboration and calculate

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
So, you like the fact people can be hit unlimited of times until he / she dies and or the person who attacks him / her is out of KI? I don't see the fun in that, unless there is a way for the defender can counter attack in some kind of way.

Best answers
maybe you can give ideas if you want counter that than critics =)..... and i say in the same direction may MAX 3 hits in 90 degrees may MAX 6 hits..... a noob can kill whit a kameha...

may,,,
same direction 2 hits
45 degrees 3 hits
90 degrees 4 hits
whatever that can change

and the maximun hits obviusly in perfect circunstances and very skilled

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, you like the fact people can be hit unlimited of times until he / she dies and or the person who attacks him / her is out of KI? I don't see the fun in that, unless there is a way for the defender can counter attack in some kind of way.
I like the way the stats system handles it. Also Raven said hell think about making a stronger blowback for transformed states.

As for 1.3 Op said itll be partly staminabased what kind of blowback you get.

Best answers
and i dont like the magical limit, where is the skilled in that? what is the diference in one people skilled than a noob in 2 hits very easy ?

i prefer whitout limit whit my system or other, may until out of ki may be becouse you cant fly so far, or ''magical limit'' , but in this case... have more variety nad diference in the experience whit the mouse ki and more

Edit: obviusly my suggestion if someone are interested need more elaboration and calculate
This is a pretty good point. If you can get close enough to someone to hit them in succession, you should be able to hit them, so long as another, more realistic limit is in place. Perhaps a longer knockback? Or increased knockback with every successive hit? Or maybe the target could recover more quickly, meaning that the attacker would have less time to pull off the successive hits, leaving them little time to recharge. Obviously there is the problem of exploitation but if the limitation is handled well then it's a fine idea.

Best answers
well... that can be elaborated, but i like my idea of
have the posibility to turn your aim but not your direction to do
same direction 2 hits
45 degrees 3 hits
90 degrees 4 hits
Whit ground 6 hits
becouse is not good LUCK , is avility, actually you hit the enemy and if you have good luck the enemy comes to crash in diagonal to the ground, if you have bad luck the enemy crash direct to the wall

whit a first low blow, you can fight near the ground for example, and hit..
when you comes to hit again you can deside the direction of the hit, and if you aim good and you are skilled you can hit the 2nd to the ground in diagonal to do more hits
the point is the playable system , the limits can be elaborated, stamina, more blow, more speed, more far , ''magical limit''
i cant calculate all in theory .. may esfteam can pruve that values

anyway, if someone wants a counter atack... elaborated
sincere i dont like a counter atack, becouse that sounds like adv melee, and 4 hits in 90 degrees in the air for one skilled people is not to much and is a plus to train more

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Good ideas Solent.

Well I never liked the idea of having a limit on melee attacks (1.2), so we should give ways for the defender to get out of an attack.

One way is an idea I grabbed from super smash brothers melee.

Every time you are knocked in the air (in Melee), you can alter your air trajectory as you are getting combed by moving the joystick around in different directions, so you can try and shake out of it. That should be put in ESF too. If you press the movement keys around you can change your knock back trajectory slightly. Maybe the mouse can be brought into this too.

Heres another idea, lets say you are being knocked around by basic melee. At the cost of a good amount of stamina ( so it can't be spammed), you could immediately stop yourself in the air with a ki explosion (turbo + powerup?), and be able to launch a quick counter attack.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Actually, I played esf 1.3 open beta when there were unlimited hits. It was really fun, and here is a way to balance it.

When a player is hit with basic melee their screen should be turned 45 degrees up, down, left, or right depending on where they are hit.

Now, as they are recovering they can turn back to the enemy and block the hit but still get knocked back because of momentum.

After a block, the player recovers.

as for rolling im not sure yet

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, I played esf 1.3 open beta when there were unlimited hits. It was really fun, and here is a way to balance it.

When a player is hit with basic melee their screen should be turned 45 degrees up, down, left, or right depending on where they are hit.

Now, as they are recovering they can turn back to the enemy and block the hit but still get knocked back because of momentum.

After a block, the player recovers.

as for rolling im not sure yet
Maybe when you block while rolling, you'll go into a slide or something, similar to your midair blocking. You can turn any direction (except up or down, or facing the ground) to block.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
How about if someone hits you in the air and your characters body is traveling towards the ground.

If you turn with the mouse and look at the ground and hold block (or some other button) right BEFORE you hit the ground, you will brace yourself and do a slide backwards ready to fight back. You could easily jump right after, block an attack, fight back, etc.

If you don't do this in time, it'll work like now where you roll with no control over yourself, setting yourself up for another hit.

This should work too if someone hits you in the air, and you are about to fly into a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom