Simple melee knockback dependant on PL difference

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The distance of the simple melee knockback should be dependant on your PL difference. A small difference in PL should barely sending them flying. A very large difference would send them flying further and faster.

As well with blocking, if someone has a jurastic PL difference, you shouldn't take as much damage, however, you're still knocked back a pretty far distance.

Why do I want this implemented?
1. A greater feel of PL difference in the game, when you hit someone stronger than you that they're "immovable" while they hit you with ease.
2. Makes this aspect closer to the show and some DBZ games (DBZ Rpg for SNES)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If a person with low PL hits a person with high PL, the stronger player will not move much. Therefore, the effectiveness of the weaker player's attack is much lower, therefore preventing it to be used in many situation that would otherwise allow the player to get the upper hand, even if he has a lower PL.

It is a nice idea, but I fear that it would unnecessarily give weak players a handicap that makes it harder for them to stand a chance against already steep odds.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
of course that player would do the same damage as it currently is now, it's just the distance of the knockback. that's the same situation whenever you fight against any stronger opponent, it'll be a more difficult challenge to defeat them. it can't always be even with the same opponent.

nge

Best answers
If a higher PL were to recover quickly from a lower PL's hit, than we'd basically be removing the only way for a lower PL to compete with a higher one. Basic melee is an equalizer- if someone of great skill can use it vs someone who doesn't have enough skill with it, than the lower PL will win. It's hardly fair for someone to win simply because they have a higher number.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is very hard to join in a game that's been running for a while, but this won't really make much difference, like he said the knockback distance gets increased not the damage, so I think that this is a very good idea! ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the idea, and wouldnt it mean that people with lower powerlevels would find it easier to double hit? it doesnt make it harder for the lower powerlevel, more like the higher powerlevels. Which makes me think there should be a cap at both ends, it'd be a ***** if u hit somebody across the map and not have enough in your ki pool to catch up with them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
i like the idea, and wouldnt it mean that people with lower powerlevels would find it easier to double hit? it doesnt make it harder for the lower powerlevel, more like the higher powerlevels. Which makes me think there should be a cap at both ends, it'd be a ***** if u hit somebody across the map and not have enough in your ki pool to catch up with them.
good point david, i didnt' really think of it in that way, but it does make sense =)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's good but it has a few flaws. For one, what if the PL difference was an enormous difference, then the person with the lower PL wouldn't even move them. That's bad, because they the person with higher PL could easily counter.

Now if you set a few rules, like no matter what the person will go "x" far away no matter what the PL, if it's low, and if it's high they will go "y" far away no matter how high the PL is.

beacuse I mean if you have a low PL, and the guy with a HUGE PL knocks you back, and you can't recover intime to go flying across the map and hit the walll. That's just ***.

But it sounds like an okay idea. I wouldn't want it implimented but at least it sounds like it was thought about.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, thats why i suggested a cap on each end, say a lower pl attacker would hit somebody back (minimum) at the 1.2 distance, a higher pl attacker would hit somebody back at 60-75% of 1.1 distance...

however imo this could be better controlled by transformations (higher trans - longer knockback), because then you wont have to worry about ki just because you have a higher powerlevel than everybody else. Idealy, for this idea to fully work, you'd both need a dynamic ki pool (powerlevel dependant) and dynamic speed (powerlevel dependant), and im afraid that'd make things even harder to ballance. Im gonna ponder on this more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea, though about it myself.

And theres ways to make the smaller knockbacks not be as easy t do double hits, just increase the recovery rate aswell.

Davidskiwan said:
however imo this could be better controlled by transformations (higher trans - longer knockback)
o_o Thats what we did for btl..

nge

Best answers
In order for a dynamic ki pool to work, it would have to be in relation to other players average PL. Otherwise, it could grow to silly amounts. Personally I like the ki system now- People are essentially given the same amount of "ammunition," but it's just weaker/stronger depending on the number over it.

Just imagine how weird it would be if you couldn't even charge a KHH as goku because your PL was too low in comparison to the highest PL on the server. If it wern't based on the average, however, just imagine a goku tele/KHH spamming 7 times in a row before having to recharge for all of 3 seconds.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well thats why i said it was an ideal =/ fraid it isnt really a possibility... Dynamic ki pool is just way too unballanced to make it into the game.

I think transformations are the way to go really... also would take some of the edge off higher trans's.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would miss doing a double hitter if this were implemented, you'd have to use more ki just to do such an assault. However it is a good idea to some extent, as you will have a chance at charging a stronger beam, & that means more damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom