Silo 2.0 :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.nevercenter.com/videos/index.php?vidclip=silo_2_beta_preview.mov

I've followed this program for a while now, but now in the wake of autodesk purchasing maya and Softimage bursting onto the scene, Silo is proving it's self to be a INSANELY inexpensive alternate. Definately purchasing this when it's released. The features are amazing and for only 159 dollars it's definately worth a look. What do all you modelers here think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeh, saw that on cgchat, like said there, i hope there will be a tryout version for it, its freakn cheap, the preview looks quit inspiring, some fellas said that the 1st version was simpel and nice still silo 2 is a big update from the 1st one, it will getting on the top i gues.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sold talked to a few people I know who use Silo and I just purchased Silo 1.0 for 109 dollars and I get a free upgrade to Silo 2.0 when it hits.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
smart choice, 10$ are no pain i gues, i still will keep with lightwave i gues, just if a tryout of silo will comeout , i will hit it.

Edit:
Translates into the normal Language:
it was a smart choice, if you would actually buy the 2nd version you will be supposed to pay 159$ for it, since you are getting the 1st version, you have to pay 109$ +59$ for the 2nd version. So counted together you will have for 10 more dollars, 2 Silo versions.

But i will keep with lightwave for now, only if a Tryout of silo 2 will come out, i will give it a try.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I pretty much have no idea wtf you just said. Maybe my Tryforce translators broken.

I'm not digging the interface too much. Other than that it's pretty nice. Worth the 109$ i'd say, especially considering you get both Silo 1.4 and Silo 2.0.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its pretty cool, but im having way too much fun with mudbox right now, and im really happy with max... not to mention my employers want me to use it, so i doubt ill shift over.

good bit of kit though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.silo3d.com/Tutorials/User_Tutorials/tony_jung/HTML_files/tjnyc_8.htm

seeing the tutorials makes me think how compact this modeling program is supposed to be, i mean, it can handle a bunch of modeling features, not sure if it can even animate but for 159$.... it can handle things wich you actually can likly get only in modeling programms wich are on the top, like 3dsm,maya,zbrush and on... that seem to me freakn cheap, if i just wuld have the money for it.

nvm! a learnin version available: http://www.nevercenter.com/downloads/

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
its pretty cool, but im having way too much fun with mudbox right now, and im really happy with max... not to mention my employers want me to use it, so i doubt ill shift over.

good bit of kit though.
Hey Lee you're using mudbox too =O!

Anyway this Soil2 is looking really cool, the features are awesome, I'm not familier with many UVMapping techniques or features in other programs but this one looks like it has it easy/simple and efficiant!

I'd definatly try it out sometime, but not anytime soon xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
you're using mudbox too =O!

i looked up some places, even the homepage,... Mudbox isnt even out.... thee is just a free beta signup.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Man, that is looking good. Gotta get me some of that, mmh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i tried out the learning version, and i must say... its one of the best "easy learning" programms i have used for now...though when you want to look around the mesh you will have to push alt+mouse, (left mouse:rotate;right mouse: Zoom;Middle:Move) you have to have a mouse with 3 buttons... i didnt worked with shortcuts, but owell, it was my first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom