Silkroad Online

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone play it? I like it so far. Oh yeah I got a screenies of my guy. ;)
(Search for the game on Google. Its a free mmorpg.)

Thats my guy. Find me on the Zian or the Xian w/e server.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got this game once, and I wasnt able to log in.

Is there a lot of people who play?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah. Since the open beta, the servers have been overloaded. I think it's interesting.. but the most interesting thing about it is that once you reach a certain level (I believe 20) it doesn't really matter what "class" your character is, you pick what is basically your 'profession.'

A trader, who goes between cities delivering goods, making money..
A thief, trying to steal/kill other player traders..
A hunter, trying to steal/kill other player thieves..

My char was like level 16 when I stopped playing. Unfortunate, because I wanted to see how trading works. However, the game's translation is terrible, it's difficult to log into, and the game really isn't significantly different from popular MMORPGs, battle-wise. A lot of emphasis on temporarily powering up your character with magic, so you do more melee.

The graphics are somewhat impressive at times, however the most interesting thing about it is the 'eastern' atmosphere as opposed to the traditional fantasy setting. SRO uses the 'EverQuest model' for mobs--they wander around certain areas, and you wait for spawns. It makes for annoying times when you're hunting a specific mob and there are 50 people doing the same thing, rushing to get the kill.

SRO is an interesting play, but it doesn't have lasting power, in my opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. All servers are crowded.

Dirty, just set the settings to very low. Graphics still look good. I have my on medium since there are alot of people in the market place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you give me a little info on it?

I heard its like pristontale

does it have more customization, attacks, etc..

if it sounds good, ill get it when i get my main comp back tuesday

Best answers
meh i dont think ne thing will compare to how ROSE was... maplestory (even though it was 2d) was a fun free mmorpg too, this game after looking into it just looks the same, but it doesnt have the same appeal, maybe i like the anime look, yea i REALLY liked the anime look heh

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play, I left after a while. The quests were ridiculous. You had to walk all the way across town like 60 times before you actually did something o_o

Anyways, I should try that game again.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I used to play it.. I got to level 19 before I stopped. Its kinda fun, better than PrinstonTales in my opinion. However, logging in is quite a pain. You get to ride horses, there's a berserk mode, which is similar to Goku's Kaioken, where you turn red (your head turns into some demon's head) and you get increase speed and strength. Quite a lot of skills to learn as well. You should try it if you're bored, might even get addicted for a time being. ;)

-Off Topic-
CJ!! O_O Haven't talked to you in ages? You don't answer my PMs.. >_> Anyway you still got AIM dude? o.o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What happened to ROSE online? You gota pay now?

Never played it, but I heard a lot about it, screenies look cool too.

Ill prob try silkroad/maplestory

Best answers
if u play maplestory...ill help you out i have a lvl 29 almost 30, i quit like just cold turkey , but if u play i might be willing to get sucked back in....ohh the horrer

i think i play on bera...yea

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom