Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, that actually looked pretty good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to see the monsters, myself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never played the games, so my question is are they using the game's storyline? Or is it loosely based off of the franchise?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've only played SH2/3/4, myself. So, I honestly don't know if it's based on the story of the first or not. I just know that they got the monsters pretty well ;D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally, a trailer! I've been following newsposts about it but this is the first trailer i've seen.

As a Silent Hill fanboy I can losely piece it together. Spoilers if you haven't played Silent Hill 1+2+3 yet;

The storyline appears to be Silent Hill 1 orientated, with some elements of 3 mixed in. An adult (Harry in the game has been replaced by a woman in the film, she appears to be losely based on 'Heather' from SH3 with the boots and blonde hair) and daughter (Cheryl in the game, Sharon in the movie) go on a trip to Toluca, see a woman crossing the road (Alessa Gillspie, clearly a spirit in the trailer), swerve to avoid her and crash. When she (Harry-woman) wakes up she's in Silent Hill and Cheryl/Sharon is gone. It's snowing (curiously the snow is black in the film, white in the game) and there's heavy fog. The image of her chasing Sharon into the fog is lifted directly from Silent Hill 1. The female cop, Cybil is also there, as is Dahlia (curiously it seems she's been split in to two characters in the film; the middle-aged woman in the blue dress and the old woman with long, untidy grey hair. The monsters you see are;

Insane Cancer from Silent Hill 3
Demon Nurse (with rusty knife) from Silent Hill 2/3
Lying Creature from Silent Hill 2
C0ckroach from Silent Hill 2
Pyramid Head (!!!) from Silent Hill 2

The plummeting elevator (SH2), abandoned school (SH1,2 and 3) long steps to darkness (SH2), air-raid siren (SH2) and bleeding room (SH3) are both images from the game, as well as some images you see throughout the series, giant fans, rusty grating, filth everwhere etc. Also all the music in the trailer is from the first three games. I'm curious about the scene with all the people running away into the building, that's new. All in all this looks to be the best videogame-to-movie transition i've seen so far and i'm very excited about it indeed =D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like a winner, I had a blast playing SH1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's an insane cancer. I think it's the monster that had two legs for its upper body.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Mannequins? If you watch that part again closely you can see it has arms and hands held out in front its stomach, Mannequins don't have hands or feet on their top set of legs, just stumps. It's skin-tone and 'clothing' (or lack of it) are also identical to the Insane Cancer's.

Better image of the hands; http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3490/insanecancer22bk.jpg
A mannequin: http://www.silenthillheaven.com/Site/SH2/Images/Screens/SV051.jpg

Maybe it's not fat enough. Maybe it's that monster at the end (that has a face on the side of it's head , not in any of the games so far).

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's about time. I always thought SH would make an awesome movie. Personally, I can't wait.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Cool, hopefuly it won't turn out to be another Resident Evil.

Best answers
pretty much the best trailer ive seen in 12 decades.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another movie based off of a video game. It seems like only yesterday that Resident Evil came out in theaters, and here we have like 5 movies in the making right now, all based off of video games.

I will admit, the trailers for this look pretty good. But then again, I said that about Doom... And that turned out to be crap... Most of it anyways...

I once played Silent Hill 3, but I took it back to Blockbuster the very next day, it didn't really appeal to me, in fact it was an almost unbearably boring game. But I'm sorta kinda looking forward to this movie.

Best answers
I remember first watching the teaser trailer for this and it looked as if it was going to capture the feeling of the game perfectly. I'm not so sure now I've seen the full trailer, but it still looks good. I'm praying that this'll finally be a film that scares me. To be honest, I think that Pyramid Head alone will be enough to make me wet myself at the cinema. Can't wait for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom