Silent Hill Movie!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silent Hill definitely wins my award for creepiest game. Fatal Frame was pretty creepy but nowhere near as disturbing or twisted. I somehow doubt the movie will stand up (the CG actually looks kind of weak IMO) but here's hoping it does. Resident Evil the movie(s) was a joke (kung fu action??), but by then, the RE series had become a joke anyway.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dirty said:
pretty much the best trailer ive seen in 12 decades.
You do realize 12 decades is 120 years?
-

I think I'm going to have to rent SH2 before I see it, so I can have more info on the storyline and be into what's happening a lot more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, hopefuly it won't turn out to be another Resident Evil.
I agree.

Well, seeing that this film has two fairly good actors/actresses; Sean Bean(Lord of the Rings), Radha Mitchell(Phone Booth), I don't really mind who is directing it, even if they are a (nobody). Nor do I really care about the plot, because well there's not a whole lot you'll need to do with it when everything's just to stimulate fear/suspense.

I'll admit, the biggest turn-off about the trailer was Alessa Gillespie. I'm not sure if it was her age, or them making her dialogue sound so dramatic, but it sounded really, really corny, like something out of Mortal Kombat. I think I'd have preferred the idea of not including Alessa Gillespie in the trailer, or shortened her appearances all together.

Anyway, intro to the trailer was nice, monsters looked awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope they include a few dark scenes, my scariest memories are of the pitch black areas where your torch is the only light source, shining off the glistening flesh of the enemies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even tho i've never played the game before the movie looks promising :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never did own, nor finish a Silent Hill game. Though I did play a fair amount of silent hill 2 at my buddy's house, and a little of SH4, but thats about it. Anyways, the games were really fun, and the movie looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see some pyramid head owning people.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never liked the Silent Hill games, period.

I don't know why all of you guys are saying it might be worth watching, I think its total crap, in my opinion.

Look, we have ENOUGH movies based off games. Do we need more? No we don't.

Damn directors can't make their own story or its own original name.

I bet you all that there is going to be a Halo movie and its going to suck. Every movie that relates to the game is boring and the slow motion crap in it needs to stop.

My rant for the week. :-O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bet you all that there is going to be a Halo movie and its going to suck.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

(and while i'm at it, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/)

Silent Hill is different from most games, it's almost entirely storyline driven. I can't think of that many game-films but the ones I do remember are largely games that had very little plot or character development (both of which are crucial in cinema) in the first place; Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat etc...even Resident Evil has fairly shallow characters. Silent Hill is different, it has the best storylines (RPG's non-withstanding) and deep, original, interesting characters that evolve as you progress. In fact, the only game I can think of that would make a better movie is Metal Gear Solid, and that game basically is a movie anyway.

For up-and-coming games to films; http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/556768p1.html

Frankly I wish they'd stop picking the FPS's and Beat 'em Up's and go for RPG's or action/horror games. Advent Children worked after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom