*sigh..

Best answers
ok..so i hopped on an ESF server just now..and owned some noob "uber[pie]" in his server..lol.he started running his mouth..and i never said a peep..until finally i said "u can stop running your mouth now" and he had some sort of amx command i guess..where it lets you mess with the clients settings in your server..so he set something off..now my keys are re-configd..and my esf runs pretty slow...any ideas on how to fix it?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I realize this doesn't help you now, but in the future you should probably go into Explorer, and find your Config.CFG file. Right click it, hit properties and select "Read Only."

This lets changes be made, but everytime you restart Half-Life your settings are back to their original. As for getting your old config.cfg file back.. You could try a system restore, reinstalling Half-Life, or asking a friend to send you their file.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea, that read only thing was a good thing to have in the days of Mr Satan's Server.

But if your ESF is running choppy now I suggest to reinstall, I know you're too lazy to do it, but it isnt that hard. And that way you will have it running at the default settings again. If you don't want to do that then check the usual stuff: rates, fps max, in game video settings, and what not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think you could also just delete/rename your config.cfg.
i'm not sure but i think the game generates one with the default settings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*points and laughs*

AHAHAHA XD Just desserts....

However I'll tell you how to fix it. Delete your config file and start a game. A new one will be made.

And in order to prevent such things, finish your settings and save them and then quit the game. Then make your config a read-only file. That way it cannot be changed permanently.

Say your name is esfn00b. You start the game and change it to "Odin." It'll stay as odin until you quit. When you Start the game again, it's back to esfn00b. All setting work this way.

I had a similar thing happen to me in a game of counterstrike and doing this fixed everything.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
*points and laughs*

AHAHAHA XD Just desserts....

However I'll tell you how to fix it. Delete your config file and start a game. A new one will be made.

And in order to prevent such things, finish your settings and save them and then quit the game. Then make your config a read-only file. That way it cannot be changed permanently.

Say your name is esfn00b. You start the game and change it to "Odin." It'll stay as odin until you quit. When you Start the game again, it's back to esfn00b. All setting work this way.

I had a similar thing happen to me in a game of counterstrike and doing this fixed everything.
There seems to be an echo in here.

Echo.. Echo..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
There seems to be an echo in here.

Echo.. Echo..
Yeah....well.....mine had more words than yours....so...um.....GOT YER NOSE!!! *runs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom