Sig size rule

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, i have no problem with it. Pretty much, the forum i admin at is going to put out a sig rule, since we've been starting to get sigs that are around 2000 pixels down, and members just ***** and put somthing bigger on. They get temp banned warned etc etc and then they decide were a bunch of nazis for doing the rule.

Now what i need help with, is the actual reasons for it. I'm only doing it because they make it a pain in the ass to read anything, but i know theres more than that or it wouldnt be anywhere near as common as it is.

Thanks in advance

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bandwidth and reading comfort. If it causes the screen to scroll at 1024x768, or causes unnecesary load times (keep in mind that you download and store those pics locally on your HD every time you open a page) and unnecessary HD bloat, it shouldn't be allowed. Further, don't take any crap from them. Rules are rules, and the server is not being paid for by them.

The bottom line is that the board is yours (figuratively speaking) and you have the final say on what is and is not appropriate content. When they want to maintain their own server and database, then they can enjoy the freedom of expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom