Status
Not open for further replies.
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok as far as I'm concerned and a few other people, Sigs are NOT Artwork so they don't belong in the artwork section.
Alot of you probally wouldnt remember but this section used to be full of sigs until people started complaining so now sigs aren't a valid part of the artwork section.

Take it to Off-Topic please

3rd Post by me if your a sig maker :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why arnt they considered artwork? people used there creative ART skills to make them, so they shud, in my opinion, be considered art

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I do consider them art, but I also trust in your judgement. So I guess ill have to start putting my sigs in off-topic.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I forgot to mention, If you don't agree post your debate here and I'll review them later on.

Also debate why they should stay if you wish

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About the new sig rule, like, not that it really matters to me, but sigs are a form of art. Hard to deny that. I think it is a good way to imrpove your art-skills, especially for new people to PS. I learned it here too and I'm still learning.

Now I do understand the problem with it, but I'm just asking you to think it over.

thanx for ur time,

grtz Naz

edit: btw I know it's an old rule revised, don't forget I've bene here for 10 months

Best answers
i consider them as art work. i mean without art skills they don't look that good.
You could have them in the artwork forum if you just made one thread for it to show off you sigs in. That way it wont cluther up the forum. and if you have it in off topic it'll just fill up off topic. So imo just make one thread :)

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to have all the sigs in the artwork section because searching for people's work would be a pain in the ass seriously. I like to give me opinions and suggestions to users who may or may not need it and thats why I think they should stick in the artwork forum. like everyone says its art and artwork belongs in the artwork section thats why this forum was made just for artworks.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bleh

Well I'm going to do a trial thread in this section for showing them off if you wish.

Could I also ask all sig makers that will make sigs for others to PM me so I can make a list for those that want a sig made

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I consider them art. There the same as Backgrounds and we can show those off.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Boo,

Incase you didn't read my third post, theres a thread for em and theres a list of sig makers to

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know. But why couldn't show them off whenever we want? I meen assuming people keep it to a minium and not spamming sig tests. It'd be easier for the sig makers.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The one big sig thread is best. It lowers the amount of spam because its only one thread the mods have to look over instead of many.

Best answers
Arent sigs like art in s0me way? o_O
Well, off-topic is a good place for them anyway,..
I remember the time where it was OK to post Sigs in the "Artwork" section, full of crappy sigs ( No Defence )
So maybe it really IS better in Off-topic ;/

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh jst as long as we have one part of the forum to post them its ifne by me

Best answers
I say let them be art (I know about the thread!:p ) since im gonna start to make images! *IF I CAN GET A PHOTOSHOP TUTUORIAL FOR FREE ABOUT HOW TO USE THE WHOLE PROGRAM EFFECTIVELY* thx for hearing my rant...:D

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vegetto
I say let them be art (I know about the thread!:p ) since im gonna start to make images! *IF I CAN GET A PHOTOSHOP TUTUORIAL FOR FREE ABOUT HOW TO USE THE WHOLE PROGRAM EFFECTIVELY* thx for hearing my rant...:D
You can't... You have to search for certain stuff you can't fidn oen whole tut for it.

Learn on your own its fun that way :D

Best answers
Vegetto, I am learning to use Photoshop and to CG currently, and I would have to agree with OWA that you must practice and play around with stuff.

Learn as you go is the best method, if you can support that... If you like to have a rock-product after every session you use Photoshop, get ready for the reality slap...

... HERE IT COMES!!!

>>BOOM!!!<< :shocked:

Hahaha! :p

Anyway, you get the picture! Just keep at it and you'll make something nice by mistake, and then you'll want to do it again, and change something around, and... (That's how it started for me! :D )

Peace!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sigs should be regarded as art work because as far as i see it anything with colour and extream graphics and effects is regarded as art work or graphacal design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom