Side camera position when doing a beam struggle

Best answers
And thats my suggestion,i think it would be great if when doing a beam struggle,the camera gets fixed at one side so you can see the beams colliding and with that perspective.I mean something like that ;)

Best answers
I think this is a very good suggestion, because when I attack someone with my beam I won't see a thing!
Let's hope they can do this!

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There is jsut 1 problem with that.

If you make it zoom out enough to see both characters in the struggle you risk the chance of getting your voew blocked totally by the terrain that may be a shorter distance away than the zoom would have to be and you end up seeong a moutain. That allso means camera clipping through the terrain itself and similar problems.

And if you make it so that the camera follows the struggle you have no idea when exactly itll reach you since you cant see yourself. Nor do you know if anyone is near you when the struggle is over.

Meaning while it would probably look good in some cases its not all that great for gameplay.

On the other hand the new camera controlls system is quite fast. Meaning you can set up the camera to a position where you can see the struggle better yourself in less than a second while having no problem with positioning the camera behind a moutain or anything like that since you yourself controll its positioning.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH, I think the fact that you can normally rotate the camera around the player with the mouse anyway (during a PS) you can have satisfactory view without resorting to manipulating the camera directly.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine that you're Goku (in DBZ). You shoot Kamehameha into Vegeta's Gallic Gun. Do you see **** in front of you? No. You won't see **** in ESF too unless you rotate your camera yourself during PS.

Best answers
There is jsut 1 problem with that.

If you make it zoom out enough to see both characters in the struggle you risk the chance of getting your voew blocked totally by the terrain that may be a shorter distance away than the zoom would have to be and you end up seeong a moutain. That allso means camera clipping through the terrain itself and similar problems.

And if you make it so that the camera follows the struggle you have no idea when exactly itll reach you since you cant see yourself. Nor do you know if anyone is near you when the struggle is over.

Meaning while it would probably look good in some cases its not all that great for gameplay.

On the other hand the new camera controlls system is quite fast. Meaning you can set up the camera to a position where you can see the struggle better yourself in less than a second while having no problem with positioning the camera behind a moutain or anything like that since you yourself controll its positioning.
1)- I mean a FIXED SIDE CAMERA (so it stays,it doesnt move),so by this i mean a camera that catch both players and the beam,not the camera following the beam only lol :p.And by this i mean that the camera should be somewhere not too away and not too close.
2)-And for the camera position,i think that if a mountain or something gets in the way it can be like when you look at the sky in esf and you character gets somewhat invisble,or something blurry (the mountain i mean) like if it where in 2d place or something like that (like in the backround), hope you understand it,if not i can try to explain me a little better ;).

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes but you should knwo that the camera would then have to be dynamic. Since the length of a PS would never be the same. Aditionally if a PS was not head on so if 2 beams hit each other in a way that made them go into a third direction. Youd have the camera zooming out all the time.

Trust me its a lot easier and better to stick with the ESF camera controlls rather than implement a system that can potentiallybe a problem for the players.

As for the terrain disapearing. Its like this. The character disapears entirely. Si if you want to moutain to disapear, then the entire map would simply vanish for the duration of the PS.

Best answers
well such a good idea but you got your point too, so thats ok.But you wont make me give up already,im gonna come with a new suggestion XD

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea would work nicely for areas where there is a lot of space. But the problem starts in an area where there is a cliff or something in the way. There are 2 chances for the camera. It would either get stuck on the cliff and you wouldnt see anything at all. Or it would clip through the cliff and youd get to look at the back side of a moutan instead of your PS.

Allso maps like esf_buu where you are basically inside a big cave it wouldnt work at all because of the closed off space.As said its a lot easier to simply zoom out the camera and turn the mouse to the side.

Best answers
@ Grega

Now im totally agree with you,but there is any way to get another camera (i mean another not so close to the character)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Then I think it would be better in a PS if the camera would zoom out more farther than it is but still it would be 3rd person

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
@ Grega

Now im totally agree with you,but there is any way to get another camera (i mean another not so close to the character)
New camera movement controlls. Its way faster than the old ones and can zoom out so far that you can barely see your own cahracter if you wish ^^

Just press the button and hold it for a second and then move your mouse. You should see quite well :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The feature was added after the last open beta. So its not public yet.

In 1.2.3 the default camera button is K but thats a slow version compared to the ESF Final one

The buttons in ESF final for the camera movement are the arrow buttons on the keyboard.

Best answers
The feature was added after the last open beta. So its not public yet.

In 1.2.3 the default camera button is K but thats a slow version compared to the ESF Final one

The buttons in ESF final for the camera movement are the arrow buttons on the keyboard.
Well i gotta say it-- CANT WAIT FOR ESF 1.3 :yes::smile:

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Actually a side/upper camera position wouldnt be extremely hard, since you've got multiple positions where it could be,

middleOfBeamsX - 100, angle towards middleOfBeam
middleOfBeamsX + 100, angle towards middleOfBeam
and perhaps middleOfBeamY + 100, angle towards middleOfBeam

A few simple traces would tell you if position 1, 2, or 3 is posible or not.

Could be done within a week.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH I prefer manual control over my camera rather than an algorithm that assumes it knows what I do and dont want to see. The camera isnt an issue to begin with, so why make an issue out of it IMO.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Your idea would work nicely for areas where there is a lot of space. But the problem starts in an area where there is a cliff or something in the way. There are 2 chances for the camera. It would either get stuck on the cliff and you wouldnt see anything at all. Or it would clip through the cliff and youd get to look at the back side of a moutan instead of your PS.

Allso maps like esf_buu where you are basically inside a big cave it wouldnt work at all because of the closed off space.As said its a lot easier to simply zoom out the camera and turn the mouse to the side.
How is that? If you stand infront of a mountain in the current ESF version (or pretty much any third person-type game.) The camera just zooms in closer on the player, and it won't clip through the mountain.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea but with his idea the camera is centered on the middle of the PS and not the player.

Your either get clipping or see the middle part of teh PS with no characters depending on the position and setup.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
or you could just make everything transparent that stands between the camera and the whole PS picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom