Should smoking in bars/pubs be forbidden?

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the thing is,here in the Netherlands they r planning to ban cigarets or any other kinds of smoking out of the bars/pubs. I stopped smoking, but i still think the bar/pub is the place to smoke, the atmosphere, the smell, the cozyness, some people might dissagree with my, but moking makes more fun. I don't know what causes it but that's what i think, now some crazy retards decided to not have the same oppinion as me, and i would like to know, what do you think of the fact that there will be no more smoking in the bars/pubs in the netherlands.(even if you're not from the netherlands, feel free to post).

Best answers
same in belgium!

no prob when people +16 smoke. but when a lil kid of 13 years is smoking i get so pissed off with the people that gave him his first cig.

preach :devsmile: : why smoke if it smells real bad, your longs collor completly black, you theet collor yellow, you get cancer, it tastes like ****,...

p.s.: don't reply by giving an answer like, without cig. everything is boring and all that crap. there is always beer !

Death from Above
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Kill the brain instead of your whole body :)

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Drinking is also teh pwnage.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Dont smoke, hate to see my friends smoke, would be glad if, when out having a drink with friends, I wouldn't have to have cigarrete after cigarrete.

So, I'm for the ban..

(Now, for the banning of alcohol in bars!!)

Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Smoking should be banned everywhere except your home, not just in bars. If you plan on injecting poison into your body, you should at least have the decency not to expose others to it.

Also, you shouldn't be able to smoke if you have children living with you, or anybody who doesn't smoke, really.

Children shouldn't have to inhale your second hand cloud of poison just because you're their parent.

Best answers
i think smoking should be banned in public areas i mean anywhere in public areas its enough that our major industries and cars are polluting the air enough.

Hsu

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate people that feel the need they need to blow their smoke around while I am trying to have a good time. I live in Ottawa and there has been a smoking ban here for some time now and I am all for it. If you want to smoke and kill yourself GO FOR IT but do it by your self.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
now im not sure if other places have it, but in the UK they have no smoking areas, and smoking areas, giving people freedom in what they want to do rather than having some people be happy and other not happy... i dont smoke, but i see no reason that people shouldnt be allowed to smoke their ***s where they want, they pay good money, and it (at least in this country) funds education, road maintinance, hospitals, etc.... banning to me is ludicrus, i think people these days are too scared of the world around them.... if you think that it should be banned in public, well fair nuff, but smokers have the same freedom as ne1 and making it so they have to go to a certain place to smoke is not fair, and apparently we live in freedom, but everybody is so PC these days that you cant avoid doing something that will offend some1.... the world is getting soft on all the big issues, and all the little things like smoking in public are made big.

Believe it or not some people REALLY enjoy smoking, your saying that they interupt your enjoyment, so in return you say that they cant enjoy themselves as well, and then you make them go through the agony of having an addiction and not being able to do anything about it till they get home? imagine if your mother/girlfriend/best friend (who is a smoker) went out for a day, and throughout the day they became increasingly irritable because they couldnt smoke, would you like them to feel that bad? I know smoking is a bad for your health and so on, but so can many other things, the thing is smokers usually like smoking and thats why they do it, i dont see what gives people the right to tell them to stop it, it isnt hurting any1 else, (unless in a very smokey room) and besides, if you ask the smoker if they wouldnt mind stop smoking in your face, im sure they wont mind smoking more discretely, and if you dont like it that much then why are you staying there? if I go to a place i dont like for 1 reason or another, logic tells me i should move....

Smokers are given a bad reputation these days, this may be to discourage people from starting, but the media have now got this thing about how smokers are harming every1 and they dont know any better.... there is propaganda about the risks of second hand smoke and other things acociated with smoking, but nobody looks into it, and it is forgoten...

I appologise again but this is not something that i will agree with and i see no reason that no smokers deserved to be treated better than smoker, people say they want equality.... when it suits them....

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The new law that went through in new york bans smoking in all public places as well. I don't smoke and i don't agree with any reasons for doing so but I do think this country is supposed to uphold some freedoms. In my opinion making it so that places had to specify whether or not they were smoking or non and none of that half stuff because its just plain stupid. Go figure that smoke travels through air...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
America, the land were people are free to slowly poison themselves to death? If you saw someone drinking rat poison, you'd stop them no matter what their rights. Smoking is the same thing on a much longer basis..

Super Moderator
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hsu said:
I hate people that feel the need they need to blow their smoke around while I am trying to have a good time. I live in Ottawa and there has been a smoking ban here for some time now and I am all for it. If you want to smoke and kill yourself GO FOR IT but do it by your self.
I agree by like 110%. In oshawa there is also a smoking by-law and I love it. If people want to do it, do it on their own time, not in a public place where others have to suffer.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
"America, the land were people are free to slowly poison themselves to death? If you saw someone drinking rat poison, you'd stop them no matter what their rights. Smoking is the same thing on a much longer basis.." yeah cuz i bet rat poison tastes wonderful........ no, its not the same, the fact is they MAY die from smoking, it is only a possibility, and the fact is, people want to smoke, so why should you tell them what to do? just because you dont agree doesnt make it right, it is up to the smoker, not you, to say wether they should smoke......... lotsa people drink as well, you can die from that, should that be banned? people die from surfing, skatin, rock climbing, bmxing, sky diving, sailing, flyin in airplanes etc, should they not do it because of the possibility of death? fine tell people what to do, command them to stop doing what they enjoy, stop them because your the one with all the right answers....... the thing is, nobody lives in complete freedom and banning people from smoking is just another form of controling the masses.... and about the smoke in the air, well, you inhale about 5% of the smoke (i think) 9% of the smoke you enhale stays in your body ( if you hold your breath for about 10 secs), and only a percentage of that is damaging to your health.... but yeah im sure all the smokers are killing us

owa

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Canada has a Smoking ban in all pulic places, and I think you have too be 15 feet away from a puplic building too smoke.

A Smoking area and a non-smoking area is stupid, I still smell smoke, I know the Tim Hortens [Donut Store] used to have one before the band and it had glass sexction for smoking and an ormal area for non-smokers, didn't work at all, I could smell it.

Banning from all puplic places is a great idea, I know a Lion's Club around here has smoking in there place, but once or twice a week someone tells trhe cops and they get in trouble lol.

But people who smoke are losers in my opnion.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant believe that im the only 1 that thinks smokers are ok..... and isnt it against forum rules for discrimination
"But people who smoke are losers in my opnion."
I understand what you mean but come on, is it fair to label people as "loosers" if they do something you dont agree with? people are entitled to do as they like, smoking has been around for thousands of years and now we have adds everywhere saying stuff like, smokers harm other people, smokers look and smell disgusting, smokers this smokers that.... people buy into this and look what we have, people saying, "yeah i hate smokers" "smokers suck", im sorry but is it right to critise others for smoking? I am against smoking, and the only way to stop people from doing it is if it was made completely illegal, what people are saying here is, yeah smoke, feed your addiction at home, pay for our roads and our education, and slowly kill urselfs, but dont infront of us.... cuz really people dont want to know as long as it doesnt affect them...

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Listen carefully, I'll say this only once (I hope.)

I dont dislike smokers because of new age adds, of peer pressure or any other garbage. I dislike smokers because I know first hand what it does to a person, my dads a smoker and started when the dangers weren't fully known. And he cant quit, he's addicted.

Thats the point, its not something people do beecause they like it. They do it because they crave it, because they are addicted, How can you fail to understand that?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah i understand that, but my brothers, my sister, my mom, my nan, my grandad, almost all my friends all smoke or smoked, and they all did/do it because they like smoking, and now, some of them quit because they didnt like it anymore.... yeah SOMETIMES it has bad affects on your health, but people are learning, and there is nothing more we can do at the moment they to teach the consequences.... it is up to the people if they wanna quit.....

Best answers
Smoking effects everyone your around so like previous posters have said, it should be banned everywhere but on your own land.

owa

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
David, do you smoke? Somthing tells me you do.

Smoking always has a bad affect on your health, not just somtimes. It doesn't take days off :/

Sure it takes awhile before the cigerates affect you in very bad ways, but it increases your chances of getting certain Cancers, Heart Proplems and such, not too mention it drains money [My parents quit 2 years ago, they saved 200 - 500 dollars a month cause they stopped buying the packs].

People want too ban Cigerates from puplic areas cause Second-hand smoke does affect people around the smokers, so not only are they harming themselves but others, very slowly yes, but it still is.

And its not like there banning it from everywheres, just from Puplic places, whats the big deal? Don't you want people too consider others around them? I sure hate going into a room full of smoke.

They can smoke at home, but when I'm at Coffee Shop I wanna be able too enjoy myself not have people choking me with smoke.

Now alot of you are saying its a free country and let people do what they want as a arguement, but if you "let people do what they want" we'd have more and more drug adicts, do you really want too walk down the street and see people selling Acid freely? I didn't think so, theres laws too keep people alive and healthy, if we follow these laws we can all live happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom