Shortcut/playing not working with Counter-strike.

Best answers
Greetings, let me answer the guide questions first.

Are you using Steam?
Yes.
Are you using version 1.2.3 of ESF?
Yes.
Are you trying to run any ESF add-ons?
No.
What game are you trying to install ESF into?
Counter-strike 1.6 (Not Source)
Are you behind a router or firewall?
Yes, but it doesn't have anything to do with this problem.
Are all your drivers updated?
Yes.
What in-game video mode are you using?
-
If you have an error message, what is the exact error message?
-

The problem is, when trying to install the game, I can install it to the "SteamApps\username\counter-strike" folder. When it's done installing, I click the shortcut, and it opens Counter-strike 1.6 instead of ESF. Am I missing something, do I need to alter anything?

I downloaded the installer off halflife2files.com, using the Belgacom server. The same installer as the one used on the computer it works fine on.

:Edit: Also, just remembered, the game doesn't show up in the Steam "Games" list.

Best answers
No, but it should work with just CS. The game has been used before, been played on. The website says it works with HL, CS and DoD.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The website is slightly out of date. It no longer seems to work for anything other than Half-Life 1, since Valve decided to bundle Condition-Zero with everything (for some reason CZ packs seem to bork ESF).

Best answers
Ah... That sucks... Oh, well. Nothing you people can do about it. Thanks for the help.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can always pick up half-life from a software store. Last time I bought it, it was € 8,00-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom