Short Story

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The grotesque figure stood static... hunched over as if its body was giving way to gravity. The figure at first sight appeared to be Human though whatever humanity this being once had, no longer remained. It breathed heavily as if the air was thin and it continued facing towards the plaster wall as if waiting for something... or someone... to carelessly be within close proximity. Suddenly, the being start slowly turning around with its body still hunched as it continued to breathe heavily. It slowly faced the soldier and stretch out its arms, which appeared to be decayed. The then hunched figure stood erect and preceded towards the soldier as it dragged its feet.

The soldier hesitated as he reached for a sidearm that was holstered to his left thigh though the being continued forward not attempting to deviate from its current course. The soldier removed the strap that was holding his sidearm in place, took the weapon in his left hand and slowly raised it towards the being, aiming at what he assumed was its head. The figure inched closer and closer... its heavy breathing was then accompanied by a low-pitched yet eerie moan.

The soldier began to back up slowly as the figure moved even closer until a plaster wall thwarted his action. The soldier stood there, against the plaster wall, still aiming his sidearm at what he assumed was the figure?s head. The soldier slowly pulled back on the trigger and the figure viciously lunged at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't written a story since I wrote "The Art of Chi", so I decided to do a short story. Originally I was going to make this into a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde kind of adaptation though I deviated pretty far from that. I wrote this short story in 10 minutes, so it probably has a number of mistakes and such. So if anyone finds any mistakes, can point anything out, or just have advice, please tell me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And they lived happily ever after...

I thought it was alright. A bit random, but alright. I noticed a few spelling and grammar errors, though it wasn't too distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom