shmiggly wiggly logo :O

Which is more badass? SSJ3 or SSJ4?

• SSJ3 - Go yellow hair, electricity flying everwhere!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSJ4 - lame, black hair, and a tail!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

first time ive touched photoshop since this

C&C for teh lameness? and the little pic in the corner was inspired by prozac :O

Best answers
I usually think logos of vectors..but these are different. I like them. Interesting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wheres teh muffan man l0go shijing? :O
( all three of them are good too)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like it ^_^ the grey and red suits u, dunno why but it does :p, nice work..... *goes and redo's logo :scared:*

Best answers
What is the logo for again? The photoshop work is pretty good considering you don't really know the program but the logo's are... not descriptive. I also think you're trying to do too much with it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the logo's portray me, hence the initial in the center, Logo's are not ment to be descriptive, they are there to remind you of a person/buisness every time you see them, like R* is rockstar, and the rest. if i placed that somewhere, anyone who has seen it here will automaticly know whom it represents. I personally think i tarted it up a wee bit too much, i'll be using the origional B&W shapes i have :O

Best answers
dunno for some reason it dosent seem like the logo id remember, too complicated maby? nice work tho

-SaN

Best answers
There should be some kind of visual key for what a logo represents. Without any indication I would think that is a logo for an evil wainwright. Which doesn't really make sense since no one uses wagons anymore. You also shouldn't use existing logotype for your logo. I see that "S" and I immediately think of Dark Crystal. I also don't think that you need all those 3D effects and outlines. Don't add things unless you need them.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
There should be some kind of visual key for what a logo represents. Without any indication I would think that is a logo for an evil wainwright. Which doesn't really make sense since no one uses wagons anymore. You also shouldn't use existing logotype for your logo. I see that "S" and I immediately think of Dark Crystal. I also don't think that you need all those 3D effects and outlines. Don't add things unless you need them.
It's a logo representing himself, he can make it however he wants.

Good work shizzer, it fits you well. :)

Retired
Best answers
I would make it less shiny and more abstract. so it becomes easier to remember and that's what a logo should be ;) but it's not bad.

Best answers
EricW said:
It's a logo representing himself, he can make it however he wants.

Good work shizzer, it fits you well. :)
So if a company makes a logo themselves, they can make it look however they want, even if they are completely ignorant of design? I guarantee to you that a company that has a bad logo will not last long because they will have no identity in the consumer market.

A personal logo is giving yourself a face in the faceless digital world. Have you seen the internet lately? It's a visual wasteland of random and ubiquitous imagery that assaults you everytime you enter a page. Just look at this page, how many enormous sigs and avatars are here to try and snatch at your attention. The large majority of people just tune that stuff out now, if you don't want to be left in the dust you have to really make a mark visually or else the masses with millisecond attention-spans will completely miss you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shijing isnt starting a company, he's just having fun with photoshop...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GFK said:
shijing isnt starting a company, he's just having fun with photoshop...
Nuff said, please try to remind yourselves that it is only a little fun, if i was designing a super buisness i would take mind of it, but so far i like it, also it was only designed for a desktop theme here

Best answers
Why ask for C&C on things you don't care about? If you are just screwing around in photoshop, why post it on the internet? Why place it in the public eye?

I'm not talking about a business logo, a business logo is what a company does. A personal logo more or less represents who you are. Some may consider that to be more imortant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why ask for C&C on things you don't care about? If you are just screwing around in photoshop, why post it on the internet? Why place it in the public eye?
Because i thought i might get a comment that could be useful and not obvious, like a different shape or colour scheme..pfft, it must of been wrong to tag this as a logo then. it was to be used for the above DT theme and thats why its not basic, everyone else who posted a crit seems to understand that :/

Best answers
I've yet to see someone else post a critique. If all you want to hear is sugarcoated niceties and empty unfounded compliments, say so from the beginning and remove the pretense that you want artistic criticism. I am not going to lie to you.

I understand that fragility that your art has in the beginning, but you have to get past that. There will be times when you simply do things wrong. I do it all the time. I'll spend hours on something and scrap it completely to start fresh. If you can't accept when people don't like what you've done then you'll never challenge yourself and you will never get better, it's that simple.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
I've yet to see someone else post a critique. If all you want to hear is sugarcoated niceties and empty unfounded compliments, say so from the beginning and remove the pretense that you want artistic criticism. I am not going to lie to you.

I understand that fragility that your art has in the beginning, but you have to get past that. There will be times when you simply do things wrong. I do it all the time. I'll spend hours on something and scrap it completely to start fresh. If you can't accept when people don't like what you've done then you'll never challenge yourself and you will never get better, it's that simple.
You seem to forget that this is not a contest, not a business, it is only a simple logo that Shijing created for himself and he took the liberty to share it with us.

If he was anybit interested in making it better or improving it he would have asked for it. He just wanted a little feedback, not a god damn 3rd degree ass ripping saying it is not professional.

Best answers
no no i think Mr Domino is right on this one guys, he posts this saying, "New logo C+C" and Domino posts his point and totally backs it up, i too have the power to just block out the random stuff online, along with alot of people's sig's, and to be noticed it has to do something that will stand out, now i never said anything about making this for a company, but would it not be alot more good pracitce to try create logo's that will stand out more, ok now im rambling, its nice dont get me wrong, but as a logo, it dosent work...

-SaN
*Im not trying to insult here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom