Shinobi for PS2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I just bought the game for 10 bucks, not a bad deal. I've been wanting to try this game out for some time... And its about ninjas, with a bad ass ninja character! what more oculd you want! Anyways, I'm bogged down on HW tonight so I might not get the chance to play it tonight, so before I do, I was wondering, what would you rate Shinobi for from 1-10?

Also, please no spoilers about ANYTHING. I havent done anything in the game so please make spoilers in white or dont add them at all, thanks :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd give it a good 8/10.

It's a complete reminiscence of the platform games of old. I really enjoy the game, I still come back and whip through a few levels fairly often. The whole mechanic of the game in which you use your stealth dash to quickly move from foe to foe and slash them to bits never gets old (and the mini-cutscenes after large combos kick ass too). The bosses are pretty varied too, and there really fun (except for the last one, he's just fustratingly stupid). There are some pretty neat unlockables, and it's just generally a really fun game. Oh, and Hotsuma is the coolest ninja ever created, that scarf is just so bad ass.

Also, I advise you not to buy the sequel, "Nightshade." It's basically the same game, except you aren't Hostuma, and it just doesnt have the cool ninja feel to it. Feel free to rent it, just don't buy it.

Best answers
it is very much worth that, i rented it back when it was new didn't put it down till i beat the game a few times. It kinda gets old after that but it was still way fun and definently worth the 10$.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
**** this game. **** this game to hell. ****ing mothra boss. Any game that I have to completely redo a level after dying isn't worth playing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
**** this game. **** this game to hell. ****ing mothra boss. Any game that I have to completely redo a level after dying isn't worth playing.
I can tell you're not the kind of guy to play, say, a Megaman Zero game, and aim for an A or S rank on each stage. :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I don't get it the first time through, I'm not going to replay it for a higher rank.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
I can tell you're not the kind of guy to play, say, a Megaman Zero game, and aim for an A or S rank on each stage. :p
I think Megaman Zero gives me nightmares. It's so hard, but it's so good!

Personally, I love hard games like these, as long as the game is fun anyways. Cuz then the whole thing just lasts longer, cuz each level takes forever to beat. :p

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ninja Gaiden, fine. But I'm not going to play as a crackpot ninja who's sword depletes his health. Thats just bull****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funniest thing, I happened to buy the exact same game for $10 at EB about 2 weeks ago. I give it a 7/10, for $10 it's definately worth it, but it gets too repetetive.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Funniest thing, I happened to buy the exact same game for $10 at EB about 2 weeks ago. I give it a 7/10, for $10 it's definately worth it, but it gets too repetetive.
...get out of my mind YOU FREAK AHHHHHHHH

haha :p

anyways, I sort of like the whole depleting your health thing, makes you fight more. Is slightly repetetive. I got a question:

Do you earn any new items/skills? I know you gain more ninjitsu's.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well when I was picking up Matrix Path of Neo today I was browsing through some of the games and saw they had a copy of Shinobi so I grabbed it and I'm surprised I didn't pick this game up earlier because it brings back that old style of gaming back to me. It was only $10 aswell so I think it was a good purchase plus the guy at EB games was pissed because he was going to grab that copy later tonight :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom