SHINJI

Best answers

whoo.. its been a while. This is one of my first large art pieces, just was wondering what you guys thought about it.

Best answers
To be honest it isnt that impressive in my opinion. Liquify, smudge, glow, layer effects... Everything just seems very randomly placed and its like you just played around with the picture. There isnt anything that seems like it was well though up, just too much randomness.
It would be okay if it was for random signature, but calling this Art is just wrong.

Sorry if im being too harsh...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry if im being too harsh...
The word "harsh" is nonexistant in the artwork section. We left it behind in the year 2005.

Anyways, I like it, except for the randomness, as Jariroth put it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It needs more color, or less... very unbalanced.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
:eek: in some people's eyes randomnesss = abstract o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

whoo.. its been a while. This is one of my first large art pieces, just was wondering what you guys thought about it.
Where have you been?

And the picture is good.

Best answers
@Jariroth - well what would you call art? something that isn't "Liquify, smudge, glow, layer effects"? You can say that about any image, your sig for example, render, bg, lens flare.

@Spunky - yeah, the effects around shinji are kind of random, i'll try to work on that.

@Synth - I didn't want it to have a wide range of colours.

@mf29 - been busy with school n exams, and just haven't had alot of time for the computer.

Best answers
@Jariroth - well what would you call art? something that isn't "Liquify, smudge, glow, layer effects"? You can say that about any image, your sig for example, render, bg, lens flare.
I think art is something thats represents something. If you take a painting and start smashing colours to it and then mix them bit together i dont call it art.
But when artist paints(for example) something out of the image in his head and completes that scenery/character/object/etc. in his painting, that is art.

In my opinion this is not true art, but this is more like it.
Of course there are different kinds of art, like crafting statues, pottery, photography, music...etc. But anyway, i think art isn't something you should be able to do with your eyes closed. (Of course, this doesnt apply with music)

In my opinion, the BG in my sig is more or less art, because its supposed to be desert, just like i planned it to be. But of course this is just my opinion on Art, i dont mean that your pic is bad or anything like that. It might look cool but i wouldnt call it art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom