Shingeki no Kyojin / Attack on Titan ( Spoilers )

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yea, I figured it needed it's own thread so we can talk about it.

I am not reading the Manga so I can like Anime.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I started to read the manga a bit after I watched the episodes. For me its Anime > Manga, when it comes to this series. 1) In the Anime they added the much appreciated buildup of training. In the manga, already in the second chapter 5 years "just passes", and they are in Trost. 2) the music and how the artists make the manga come alive in the anime just makes it a whole lot better in terms of terror/horror. Fascinating show right now.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking of creating a thread too. It deserves one, really.
I watched all episodes so far and i'll probably read the manga later on if it gets too exciting and can't wait to see what happens. But in the mean time i'll just wait for the weekly episode.
There's no doubt about it that it's a great story and the anime is pretty well done.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I now have started to think that all of the Super Titans are Humans or possibly all Titans are humans. They are like the heart of the titans. But they are in the lower neck region.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting idea. We'll have to see. What i'm curious about is that basement.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm I also wonder. Uggghhh still got a few hours for the Sub version of the latest episode to come out.

Oh and MS is not also carrying Attack on Titan.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hm.

Just started watching the anime; and just wondering - does every episode cause depression? Cus daaaaaaaaaam, bro. That some depressing stuff.

I've only actually seen the first episode, but pretty much everything from the 1:30 minute mark or so is really... well, that. I'm already rather depressive naturally - don't need that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not all depressing. There are a bit of funny bits in it as well. The first episode is quite sad.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It's not all depressing. There are a bit of funny bits in it as well. The first episode is quite sad.
Okay, good. Might continue watching, then. :p

Ah! Deathshot! I just realized your siggy is actually the guy from Shingeki no Kyojin! Finally, I can stop thinking it's from Naruto or One Piece or pretty much every anime show that I haven't seen.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to say... I don't watch too much anime anymore but this and Hataraku Maou-sama! have actually made me want to watch a bit more anime again.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Ach, okay, so I have Dragonball GT I'm watching, Shingeki no Kyojin I'm watching, and now I gotta watch Hataraku Maou-sama too? :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ach, okay, so I have Dragonball GT I'm watching, Shingeki no Kyojin I'm watching, and now I gotta watch Hataraku Maou-sama too? :p
It's worth a shot for Action/Comedy.

I mean it's now Attack on Titan for action but still good. I do love the art style for Attack on Titan though.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I love the horror genre in general so I'll definitely check this out. It's one of the few genres of entertainment who's concepts can still give me goose bumps.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I guess this would be considered horror in a way as well. Watching countless humans being eaten alive.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It seems that a popular manga scanlation site picked it up and i so desperately tried not to spoil myself, but i couldn't resist clicking on that button. I stopped mid-chapter because i realized that i don't want that much amount of spoilers. Anyway...i'm starting to get excited, inpatient and i think i'll pick up the manga really soon. :)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
I now have started to think that all of the Super Titans are Humans or possibly all Titans are humans. They are like the heart of the titans. But they are in the lower neck region.
Yeah? And, like, what happens if you get lost outside of the walls and you catch two of them mating? It'd be almost as scary as getting in to a fight with "UltraVegetto2"'s MS-paint super hero, Jumbo the Thug Slammer

attachment.php.png

Could you imagine him and a naked titan "crossing swords"? EPIC! WE NEED YOU JUMBOOOOOOOOO!!!!

...All jokes aside though, these people had 100 years of peace and nobody thought to make an underground tunnel system? You know, like a mouse in your walls using holes too small for you to get in to.... Sure a giant could stick his arm in the front of the hole, but..... still, less casualties instead of the boats and the giant stone door. They should have had tunnels underground to take the people to the inner most city.... (I'm on episode 2 now)

Ok I get it now they didn't have ANY food reserves saved up (even though they had 100 years of peace living in a world like this lolz) ..... I wish to make it even creepier they'd add in how to make up for lack of food, people started to resort to cannibalism of the dead.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wasn't stated that there're no underground facilities so far so who knows. Also... it was a mystery to them how titans reproduced because they have no genitals(you'll see later on through the anime at the training camp parts). And this makes me agree with Deathshot. It seems to be something put in motion by humans and somehow it backfired, almost causing their extinction.

Also.... @BlueSaiyan: I think this MSPaint creation needs to be posted in the MSPaint competition thread not here.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
It wasn't stated that there're no underground facilities so far so who knows. Also... it was a mystery to them how titans reproduced because they have no genitals(you'll see later on through the anime at the training camp parts). And this makes me agree with Deathshot. It seems to be something put in motion by humans and somehow it backfired, almost causing their extinction.

Also.... @BlueSaiyan: I think this MSPaint creation needs to be posted in the MSPaint competition thread not here.
Yeah... I seem to remember these things looking like they fell from the sky...... but i still thought it'd be funny.

also: it is posted in the MSPaint competition thread lol.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Anime so far has been a rather fantastic adaptation of the manga. Hoping they stick to manga material, then stop temporarily when they catch up instead of making fillers :V
Just gonna say without spoilers that I can't wait for a few specific scenes to be animated, should be fun as **** to see all the reactions ohohohohohoho~

Gonna leave the thread now as replying to certain comments here is way too tempting, and I don't want to end up spoiling anything D:

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I just read the whole manga, and read the last chapter done by that particular scanlation group Tenzo was talking about. I like where the manga is going and I can't wait for the anime to catch up. The whole story is shrouded in mystery, and it keeps you engaged. I like this series! Good with something new and fresh that is original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom