shenron

Best answers
Make a video for summoning shenron. all that happens is he appears in the show a huge bright light appears and the whole sky turns black and a huge storm comes that what should happen

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halflife works with a 2d skybox so the storm thing really can't happen without looking really corny. Also, try to remember that this is a deathmatch and gameplay should be the most important thing.

Best answers
Havent you seen the sneak-peek for EVM 1.2 (esf-world.de). they have made shenron look much better. Lots of lighting and the sky gose black. Looks pretty cool.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shenron is from GT, it's shenlong -_-

Anyway, ctdb will be redone in 1.3, they'll change his grand opening fx, i guess.

Best answers
blink87 said:
Havent you seen the sneak-peek for EVM 1.2 (esf-world.de). they have made shenron look much better. Lots of lighting and the sky gose black. Looks pretty cool.
I think he's right, how it's possible that a little group of fans of ESF can do better things that the own creators :confused:

Best answers
LoL, proberly because they havent gota spend ages devolping the game.

Best answers
but think that who play the games are us, so, I think that they should do what we suggest and not what they want, because me, and you people are who play the mod, and to play a game, it got to like me! and not my mom or anyone else, ya' know?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SniperWolf said:
but think that who play the games are us, so, I think that they should do what we suggest and not what they want, because me, and you people are who play the mod, and to play a game, it got to like me! and not my mom or anyone else, ya' know?
But -most- people who suggest things don't ever think about real life problems, like framerate, balancing and possible on the HL engine. And although contrary to popular belief, the creators play ESF as well.

I guess the ESF team could use EVM as a guiney pig, see if the changing of the skys works well or not, if they decide to use it they can, or come up with something else.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SniperWolf said:
Need a tissue?

Believe it or not the team plays the damn game too, and the team does what the team wants to do, be that a reflection of their own initiative and passion for their creation or as a reflection of the general public. What you're asking isn't for the team to do what the community wants, but for them to do what you want, and that's just rude. The team does take ideas from the community and does respond to criticism, and to think otherwise, as well as to think that your opinions override those of the community at large is arrogant, or ignorant at the very least. The team created the mod for themselves and nobody else, and now that people are playing it they accept input from outside of themselves, but that does not mean your input is more valuable than their own. Just because you play Grand Theft Auto doesn't mean the dev team should stop work on the sequel so that they can create a naked patch for the people that want one; it's their game and they'll design it as they feel is accurate to their personal goals and desires.

You think the team isn't capable of putting the same effects into ESF as EVM has? Then just play EVM and don't worry about what's going on over on these forums. The team doesn't have the time, energy, or desire to shut everything they're already working on down just to make things look prettier for a handful of people in the community that actually give a damn about how Shenlong, or a kamehameha, or the way some model's arms move when he runs. Even if EVM did have some individuals that are more talented in that particular field than the ESF team it wouldn't exactly make them more qualified to develop the mod as a whole, which is how you came off.

If you had to choose between the prettiest models and beams you ever saw and, say, extra characters and attacks, what would you prefer? Because the team can't do everything at the same time, and as the team is working right now, they'll be working through 1.2.5 and 1.3 and 1.4 too. There are graphical updates schedualed along the way but you have to be patient because you really can't tell them when to schedual what, and I believe they have their priorities in order. The team never said they wouldn't change the graphics, and besides, this thread is asking the team to update a model for an experimental gameplay mode that is not officially recognized as complete, so how can you honestly expect them to set what they're working on down and take care of it for you?

I rarely ask this of people, but be more greatful than you are. If you were speaking for the entire forum I might buy it, but you're speaking more for you and a handful of dissatisfied fans than for anyone else, and that comes off as pompous, like you feel your word has more value than the team's or the testers'. If it's really that big of a deal you can try and get yourself into a splinter group like EVM and make a difference on your own, but the team already has an agenda set out, and everything takes time.

Sorry for going off like this but I think it's ridiculous that somebody is trying to convince the suggestions forum that the team should put in what he wants instead of what they want. If you have a suggestion, make it, and it'll be used or it wont. A lot of suggestions people offered up in 1.1 are in place in 1.2, and yours might make it into 1.3, but don't get ****y on us, they aren't working for money, and they don't need to please everyone playing the mod to get the glory that comes with a successful modification.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Need a tissue?

Believe it or not the team plays the damn game too, and the team does what the team wants to do, be that a reflection of their own initiative and passion for their creation or as a reflection of the general public. What you're asking isn't for the team to do what the community wants, but for them to do what you want, and that's just rude. The team does take ideas from the community and does respond to criticism, and to think otherwise, as well as to think that your opinions override those of the community at large is arrogant, or ignorant at the very least. The team created the mod for themselves and nobody else, and now that people are playing it they accept input from outside of themselves, but that does not mean your input is more valuable than their own. Just because you play Grand Theft Auto doesn't mean the dev team should stop work on the sequel so that they can create a naked patch for the people that want one; it's their game and they'll design it as they feel is accurate to their personal goals and desires.

You think the team isn't capable of putting the same effects into ESF as EVM has? Then just play EVM and don't worry about what's going on over on these forums. The team doesn't have the time, energy, or desire to shut everything they're already working on down just to make things look prettier for a handful of people in the community that actually give a damn about how Shenlong, or a kamehameha, or the way some model's arms move when he runs. Even if EVM did have some individuals that are more talented in that particular field than the ESF team it wouldn't exactly make them more qualified to develop the mod as a whole, which is how you came off.

If you had to choose between the prettiest models and beams you ever saw and, say, extra characters and attacks, what would you prefer? Because the team can't do everything at the same time, and as the team is working right now, they'll be working through 1.2.5 and 1.3 and 1.4 too. There are graphical updates schedualed along the way but you have to be patient because you really can't tell them when to schedual what, and I believe they have their priorities in order. The team never said they wouldn't change the graphics, and besides, this thread is asking the team to update a model for an experimental gameplay mode that is not officially recognized as complete, so how can you honestly expect them to set what they're working on down and take care of it for you?

I rarely ask this of people, but be more greatful than you are. If you were speaking for the entire forum I might buy it, but you're speaking more for you and a handful of dissatisfied fans than for anyone else, and that comes off as pompous, like you feel your word has more value than the team's or the testers'. If it's really that big of a deal you can try and get yourself into a splinter group like EVM and make a difference on your own, but the team already has an agenda set out, and everything takes time.

Sorry for going off like this but I think it's ridiculous that somebody is trying to convince the suggestions forum that the team should put in what he wants instead of what they want. If you have a suggestion, make it, and it'll be used or it wont. A lot of suggestions people offered up in 1.1 are in place in 1.2, and yours might make it into 1.3, but don't get ****y on us, they aren't working for money, and they don't need to please everyone playing the mod to get the glory that comes with a successful modification.
Look man, I know that making a game takes time, but if you see all the suggestion that has been done one or two were put it in the game, and that thing you said about that they do the game, for themself then why the hell they put it to download for people, I asked a lot of suggesiton like anyone here, most of them were denied or no answered but I mean that i suggest things, just to make better the game man, 'cause like I said before, we are who play it later.
Like you said, it will be getting better with every version, of course that I want to the team do what I want, or the other guys want, I have read a lot of good suggestion that it could be done with more "passion" it would take more time to do it, but at the end, it's the same, they put what they want, some thing I like and some not, that why I suggest thing but tell me at least 10 suggestion that they has put it in the game.

for example, in DBZ people fly horizontally, when they turns on the aura it has wind, (like when you power up), cell use his tail, goku has Kaio-Ken, buu has that attack that rise his arm and shoot a lot od rays, freeza has the death ball in normal form, Final Flash trail should be mor bigger, Genkidama too(Spirit Bomb U.S.A :S) the maps are weird, meanwhile they should me like the shows, (namek, supreme planet, earth, tenkaichi budokai's tournament, cell arena must be different,) of of that the maps shoul be more larger too, lastnight I was playing (152.768.350 PL) and I shooted a Final Flash & I kill myself with the explosion, because teh map was to small, te scooter should tell you where your oponent is with a sound and an arrow, you should be able to throw away an enemy with the power of our aura (ki), the aura animation must be better and should grow in order to your power, and a lot of things more that could be done in 1.1 and 1.2, IT GOT TO BE LIKE THE ANIME.

With all that I'm not saying that what they do is wrong or suck, it cool but, my point it's that if i were you guys... I could do the game better... thatd what i think, you team, just keep doing it, oh and i almost forgot, all the things that they put in the game until now... I have planned years ago but I didn't have the tools, to finish this I just want to say this "IF I COULD BE IN THE TEAM, THING WILL GO BETTER AND FASTER" think wherever you want of this, it it's just one more suggestion of "according to you" a spamming guy who really like the game.

PD: do whatever you want with the mod, I'll try to keep playing the game although sometimes dreams with better things.

Best answers
How many DBZ mods survive out there? How many DBZ games that are professionaly developed actually create a half decent representation of the DBZ atmosphere? I can count them one one hand.

Theres a reason for this, DBZ is incredibly hard to recreate and balance for games. This mod has been in development for howmany years now on a seriously outdated engine and its looking like one of the best dbz experiences to date. Modding isnt easy, you have to get a team together and hold it together. Holding it together is incredibly difficult (look at SoS's current predicament...it makes me sad).

And for goodness sake, you dont think they dont take suggestions from their fans? Ive been around for a release or two and i can tell you that they do listen and if they see a suggestion they like, they will use it.

I dont think you understand how hard it is to impliment features, maps etc, balance them, and make a feasable game all while trying to live a normal life with things like school, work and social lives.

And quite frankly, alot of your suggestions have been suggested a million times, and they have all been shot down for reasons other then the team doesnt want to put them in. Theres balance to think about, and theres whether they want to work on a few new effects and eye candy or create a completely new more dbz like melee system.

edit: and from the sounds of it, you dont understand the Half Life engine, or its limitations. So dont go critizing their work like map sizes etc without thinking about the limitations they have to work within. They cant make the maps too much bigger for engine related reasons. And wind? Engine reasons, lag reasons, balance reasons.

And for goodness sake, read stickies and stuff, other attacks are coming so be patient. And you want better aura animation? Do it yourself. You can add your own aura in.

So yeah, alot of this stuff your suggesting, its been suggested, and the team has more important things they want to impliment.

Best answers
Cheeto101 said:
How many DBZ mods survive out there? How many DBZ games that are professionaly developed actually create a half decent representation of the DBZ atmosphere? I can count them one one hand.

Theres a reason for this, DBZ is incredibly hard to recreate and balance for games. This mod has been in development for howmany years now on a seriously outdated engine and its looking like one of the best dbz experiences to date. Modding isnt easy, you have to get a team together and hold it together. Holding it together is incredibly difficult (look at SoS's current predicament...it makes me sad).

And for goodness sake, you dont think they dont take suggestions from their fans? Ive been around for a release or two and i can tell you that they do listen and if they see a suggestion they like, they will use it.

I dont think you understand how hard it is to impliment features, maps etc, balance them, and make a feasable game all while trying to live a normal life with things like school, work and social lives.

And quite frankly, alot of your suggestions have been suggested a million times, and they have all been shot down for reasons other then the team doesnt want to put them in. Theres balance to think about, and theres whether they want to work on a few new effects and eye candy or create a completely new more dbz like melee system.

edit: and from the sounds of it, you dont understand the Half Life engine, or its limitations. So dont go critizing their work like map sizes etc without thinking about the limitations they have to work within. They cant make the maps too much bigger for engine related reasons. And wind? Engine reasons, lag reasons, balance reasons.

And for goodness sake, read stickies and stuff, other attacks are coming so be patient. And you want better aura animation? Do it yourself. You can add your own aura in.

So yeah, alot of this stuff your suggesting, its been suggested, and the team has more important things they want to impliment.

Modding isnt easy, you have to get a team together and hold it together.
>>I'm always here, editing thing and waiting for the call<<

They cant make the maps too much bigger for engine related reasons.
>>de_aztec is more bigger<<

And wind? Engine reasons, lag reasons, balance reasons.
>>Get a Best conection or at least put an option for LAN games<<

And you want better aura animation? Do it yourself. You can add your own aura in.
>>If I'll do that and I use any mdl out there like a base, they will answer "hey you man, you can't edit my skins and bla bla bla bla"<<

Best answers
Modding isnt easy, you have to get a team together and hold it together.
>>I'm always here, editing thing and waiting for the call<<
TEAM. Not somebody who only cares about his own wishes. TEAM.

They cant make the maps too much bigger for engine related reasons.
>>de_aztec is more bigger<<
de_aztec doesn't really have damn good looking models flying about and shooting beams at each other. Ever heard of LAG?

And wind? Engine reasons, lag reasons, balance reasons.
>>Get a Best conection or at least put an option for LAN games<<
Why should he fork out for a better connection just for your wishes? Why wouldn't an effect like wind slow down Lag games as well - it's pretty complicated. And why should the team spend precious time on unwanted wind effects when they could be doing much more interesting stuff?

And you want better aura animation? Do it yourself. You can add your own aura in.
>>If I'll do that and I use any mdl out there like a base, they will answer "hey you man, you can't edit my skins and bla bla bla bla"
No, because no-one really cares. Or you could edit with the models from the game - I'm sure nobody objects to that, as that is how most models are made. Or are you just unable to make models and you're lying through your teeth?

Christ, people can be stupid. :cool:

Best answers
shut the **** up stupid, I'm saying give me the tools and i will give a better game, why you people are always saying no to everything, nd thos is to suggest not to say if me or otherone are stupid or not, loser.

Best answers
You have the editor. You have the tools. So why don't you make a better game? Oh, right. You know you can't, so you try and ruin theirs, or force your ideas on them, even when they say "no" and everyone else says "no".

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning to our mouth of the day sniperwolf for flaming and double posting.

It is pure ignorance for you to say you could do any better of a job or that your ideas are any better than the team's. A couple of the things you mentioned are even going to be in 1.2 such as the animated aura. You have no idea what the team is even planning and what they have actually listened to suggestions for and you continue to assume that you could do a better job. It just makes me want to tare my hair out...

Now please bring this back on topic.

Best answers
To actually respond to your idea:
People think that tossing in awesome effects is going to make the game so much better. Hes a news flash: it wont.

Its the gameplay that matters, not the flashy effects. Once you get so many effects in that it hinders the gameplay, you just made a bad decision. Gameplay > effects anyday. Effects are nice, but there nothing compared to the gameplay. If you want flashy FX, make them yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom