Sharing my improvements on the guitar since last year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just google 12 bar blues I'm sure you will find something.

12 bar blues covers a huge span of things. You can have really boring ones, that are simple or you can mix em up.

I dont like just straight chord progressions I like things with turn arounds. So in A it would be something like this.

1 4 5 in A = A(1) D(2) E(3)

So it would like something like this, each [ ] represents one bar...

12 bars.

[A] [A] [A] [A] | [D] [D] [A] [A] | [E] [D] [A] [TURNAROUND > BACK TO A]

When you do a turn around you can use a normal chord from the progression which is usually pretty boring sounding, or you can try to use a cool 7th chord or some jazz chord, or you can solo for a bar or something too.

You dont have to just use chords or little riffs you can try to solo in the key of the chord instead of just using chords.

A cool thing I learned somewhere was an SRV type blues thing, but your just sliding that pentatonic box from A (5th fret e string root note) riffing/soloing, slide it up to D, then E and so on, just keep soloing with that box in the differant keys its pretty fun.

It sounds pretty crap when I try to explain it I'll try to find an audio file for you tomorrow.

On a guitar I can show you a 1 4 5 progression

In the key of A...

E - - - - - - - - -
B - - - - - - - - -
G - - - - - - - - -
D - - - - - - - - -
A - - - - (4) - (5) - -
E - - - - (1) - - - -

Bad drawing but if you were looking as say a pentatonic scale box it would look like this

[X][o][o][X]
[X][o][o][X]
[X][o][X][o]
[X][o][X][o] scale
[X][o][X][o]
[X][o][o][X]

[X][o][o][X] 1 = Root Note/Tonic
[X][o][o][X] 4 = 4th, guitars are tuned in intervals of 4ths, except the b
[X][o][X][o] 5 = 5th, think 5 chords or power chords
[X][o][X][o] 1 4 5 markers
[X][o][X][o]
[X][o][o][X] <--- root note is red :/