Shameful Questions.... Forget This Afterwards...

Best answers
Ok lately ive been trying to map and lately its been fun learning. My problem is brushes like how to make one exactly because i need access to certain entites. Also i need to make a door......(oh God help me....).

Best answers
Nevermind about the brushes my bad it was something else. The door stands though......

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a tut on making a simple door awhile ago, check it out <a href="http://www.hlebound.com/devjournals/DragonDude/Mapping%20Tutorials/Door/doortut.html">here</a>.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't write a tut on that, I'll do that one later (thx for the idea).
I'll just explain it.
You make a brush the player would step into to teleport, and tie it to the entity trigger_teleport.
When you compile, this brush is invisible, and when the player steps into it they get teleported to the point-based entity you place next, called info_teleport_destination.
Give the info_teleport_destination entity a Name, and set the trigger_teleport's Target to the name you gave it.
Now when they step into the trigger_teleport, they get teleported to the info_teleport_destination.
You can change the direction they face when they get teleported with the Angle of the teleport destination.

Best answers
Thanx DragonDude you've been alot of help! Why do my characters walk an inch above the ground?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because you have to compile with the ESF hullfile.
It might be in your ESF directory, but if it isn't it's in <a href="http://www.esforces.com/team/esfmapper.zip">this</a> zip file.
Once it's in your ESF directory, add this parameter to your CSG compile tool.
-hullfile C:\Sierra\Half-Life\esf\hulls.txt
(If you have Half-Life and it's installed into the default directory that is, if not, change it to fit.)
Now compile again like that and your character won't float above the ground.
Good luck with the mapping. ;)

Best answers
This is like the big questions thread, thank good i did it all in one...

If u get any problems with the teleport stuff, ask me, i used it in the Nc_Mario map...

Best answers
That Nc_Mario map is one of my favs. I recently completed my first map but only to test things out like doors, teleportation, and vm. Those are down now i need to learn advanced tricks like button doors, and carving spaces out of blocks.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just make a brush, and tie it to the entity trigger_hurt.
Once that brush is compiled in the map, it will be rendered invisible.
The brush will become a field which will cause the ammount of Damage set, and the Damage Type set, whenever the player walks into it.

Best answers
I always go too large with my mapping projects.. I've been mapping for about 2 years and I know alot about entities etc but i've yet to finish/compile a map.. shameful I know. I think I might wait until Half-Life 2 to get started again.

Good luck with your maps Abyss. BTW, just a little extra, you might want to put a sprite on the teleport area so people know what it is.

Best answers
I want to put fire down thats why i asked, it works, but i dont know how to make lava/fire or clouds how do i make these? How do I put down sprites? And how do i take screenshots of the map and post them here?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use the ENV_Sprite point entity. Add it where you want a fire. You can find fire sprites in the HL pak file. You can download Pakscape (for extracting files from the pak file) at FilePlanet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom