Shaders

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
could we possibly get a glimpse of how this

looks now with all the new updates made?

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
But you already did...? Well the style has been altered, along with that technique and methods have changed too (e.g. characters use normal maps). I believe, the picture you provided is back from early/late 2009, and today is 2015, soon 2016.

I don't think the method, they are going for, is using none of the techniques showed above.
Even rim lightning I think they took it off totally or its there, but heavily altered to match the style. I don't know need to check the latest video to see. I might be mistaken, but anyway on top of that, there was a video somewhere so you can see what kind of approach they are heading forwards.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
oh ok, i just wanted to know if you can change the shader style to different rendering or lightning in the final version, like it was shown in early 2009

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Uhm you could..but you need to write your own shaders.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Uhm you could..but you need to write your own shaders.
ok, doesn't really matter anymore esf looks beautiful as it is, was just curious if this old feature was still implemented in the new version, I'm going to be pleased with esf final when its out anyway

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As far i remember they wanted to put an option in the game so that players could chose their prefered style.

Not sure if that's still gonna be the case tho.
I kinda hope lv cell shading will still be in cause it looks nice :p

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Atm we use a mixture of cel-shading with some rim lighting along with normalmaps and PBR based ambient and diffuse coefficients

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom