Seven Swords

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seven Swords

Has anyone else seen this movie? Having caught it last night I must say I want my three hours and £5 back. I didn't have a problem with the cantonese/mandarin voices or subtitles. What I did have a problem with was the bland and clumsy dialogue, unintroduced, unexplored , samey characters, and the monotonous soundtrack.

I got the feeling the dialogue was largely lost in translation; it was emotionless and very dull. With a few exceptions, the actors didn't really seem to put any genuine energy into their roles. Of the seven swords, only a couple are really seen in action despite their introduction to the audience. Many parts also made absolutely no sense or weren't explained.

You know what? I wanted to write more on this film but reading what i've put so far as depressed me enough to slap a bow on this post and call it finished.

Waste of money, terrible film.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never heard of it :\

Is it good?
(just kidding <_<)

Anyways, sounds rough. I'll go look for a trailer. Name sounds goods, your description sounds terrible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In a nutshell, the emporer of China is having his army slaughter every man, woman and child to have ever practiced or have knowledge of martial arts. Why he does this is never explained, but it results in the population of his country being cut down to a fraction of the original number.

To do this, he has the generals of his army paid in silver for each and every head (accompanied by wooden tag) they bring him. Of course, there's no way of telling from a severed head if the person studied martial arts. As a result, a lot of innocent people are being killed by the generals and the heads brought in for reward.

However, one man stands up to this by stealing the tags from the heads (Oh you rascal! Now i'll have to re-tag all those heads again!) and...er...running away. He fights like a master but doesn't want to hurt his enemies in the process so he knocks them over and runs. It doesn't work and he gets hurt.

A village takes him in and heals him, then he goes with two others (apparently the protagonists) to 'Mount Heaven' to recieve help from 'The Master'. At this point, twenty minutes into the film, the three main characters haven't been introduced to the audience. 'The Master' asks no questions, and gives them a special sword each, and four other guys appear from nowhere, also with magic swords, to help them. They instantly become 'brothers'. They are the Seven Swords, and together they will stop the general and his evil head-gathering ways. That's the premise anyway.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's directed by Tsui Hark. That alone makes it worth seeing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for the heads up. I wont waste my 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom