setting up a counter strike server

Best answers
I have download the dedicated sever program from file plant and running it from my pc I copied the short cut and append the target line the "Target" field which lists the target path leading back to the hlds.exe. With commands, "C:\Program Files\Valve\HLServer\hlds.exe" -game cstrike -port 27016".which will be executed along with the hlds.exe. When I run the server I get this couldn’t exec listip.cfg
Couldn’t exec banned.cfg
Adding master server 69.28.151.162:27010
Adding master server 69.28.151.178:27010
] sv_lan 0
Connection to Steam servers successful.
VAC secure mode is activated.

I wont 2 be able to play on my server form the same pc but when I try 2 find my server in the list its not there so I have tried to type log on in console and that just started a log file when I go and look at the log file it dos show the server has started because it says round started and hostages not rescued etc can any 1 help me out what am I doing wrong this is the first time iv done a server so I don’t really no what im doing got this far reading help files in the forums plz help I can be emailed at [email protected]

Best answers
Try port forwording if you have a router
btw this is esf help forums you could go to steam support for more information

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This forum is for the Earth's Special Forces mod, for Half-Life 1, not for Counter-Strike; you are posting in the wrong website forum

(what Sazzam has basically said)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom